I got a phone call...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
So, today my phone started ringing, but when I checked the screen, I didn't recognize the number, so I didn't answer it.

Well, the caller left a voice message, so I checked it, and it turned out to be Jay Smith, the editor of Model Aviation Magazine. The magazine that comes with your AMA membership.

JAYSMITH.jpg

He didn't say what the original call was about, so I called back, and dialed the extension he left in the message.

It seems that in the January issue of the magazine, there was a contest in celebration of SIG's being under new management and bringing back many of their planes, ready for electric or glow.

http://www.modelaviation.com/aboutussig

They had a simple question to answer, and I filled out the online submission form, and electronically sent it in.

So, when I spoke with him he informed me that I had won the drawing, and I would be receiving my prize in the mail.

http://www.sigmfg.com/IndexText/SIGRC67.html

yy1SIGRC67b.jpg[FONT=Helvetica]

LT-40 Art Photo 83.jpg

[/FONT]

earthsciteach

Of course, you are going to put a two stroke engine on that, aren't you?

Oh, last Sunday night's festivities left me with a really ugly Monday! I hope they don't show some grainy video, make completely farcical statements and have a town meeting this Sunday... :p

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I was stunned. I had forgotten about the contest. So it certainly came as a surprise that I had won it.

I'm a bit excited, I've been wanting to get a plane like this for a little while now. This should make a nice trainer to get more people addicted to the hobby with!

I'm going to need more Flite Test stickers....

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I had been teaching on the Parkzone Radian, but it doesn't have wheels, so there's no chance to teach take off and landings.

This will be a big help.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I believe the question was something along the lines of "How long has SigMfg been in business?"

The answer was "60 years."

Fishbonez

Easy?? I dont know about that I have never heard of SigMfg :D I supose I probably should so here goes eat me alive folks :cool: but before you do I will google them LOL

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Easy?? I dont know about that I have never heard of SigMfg :D I supose I probably should so here goes eat me alive folks :cool: but before you do I will google them LOL
If you're new to the hobby and are focusing on foam planes, and haven't looked at balsa planes yet, that's why you haven't heard of Sig.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
So my dear sweet wife ordered me a power system for it from Grayson Hobbies.

I wonder which will arrive first.