I got my Predators!

SteveOBHave

I think having a spotter till you get used to them is a very wise idea! You'll have to get a GoPro on that sucker and get us some vids!

Nonamerc

Arman
Absolutely! I think a spotter is essential any time flying without an OSD telling you the way home.

10 Minutes ago I was flying fpv with my bixler and I could not see anything on my screen because there was allot of shadow on the ground and when I pointed my nose to the sun the groun turned black. I flew behind my patch thinking I was infront of it and I almost lost me signal. But I turned the patch arround the see where I was and I got my signal back :) landed the bixler no damage. Conclusion: my fh18c camera sucks in low light conditions.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Set up my FMA Copilot on the Bixler last night. I got the copilot a while ago to help train my wife and kids and to provide a safety net for my early FPV work. I tested it and got it working pretty well a little while ago, but pulled it off when getting FPV stuff went on the backburner.

Last night I mounted it on the port wing, with the cable running along the wing and into the canopy through the hole for the aileron leads. I've mounted the calibration button next to the video tx for easy access. When I used this system last time, I was able to take my hands off the tx and the bix flew slow circles overhead, maintaining its altitude without any issues.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Alright, scored a 100mW 5.8 tx for $27 shipped from RCG. I might use it initially for freeing me from my rx and getting some triangulation (short range, anyway) between the control rx and video tx.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Test of my HD wing camera. I don't have much in the way of video editing software, nor the time to edit it more, so to compress the 20 minute video down to 5 minutes, I've made it go faster through the boring bits. Thanks to the strong wind today it's pretty bumpy.