I have a REAL problem intervention needed.

Bricks

Master member
Just glancing thru my Favorites and about 87% of my favorites has to do with RC flying parts, setups, how to`s, quads DLG`s, you name it I probably have it in my favorites someplace. Any one else have this problem and any suggestions how to cope with this insane ( problem ) Hobby?

Keno

Just glancing thru my Favorites and about 87% of my favorites has to do with RC flying parts, setups, how to`s, quads DLG`s, you name it I probably have it in my favorites someplace. Any one else have this problem and any suggestions how to cope with this insane ( problem ) Hobby?
What problem, never heard of it. Get a bigger shop..

Bricks

Master member
My suggestion is get off the darm computer or phone so you cant make more links n go fly!

I do not watch much TV and no smart phone so when it gets 0 to -30 below outside well guess what always looking for the next great deal. Hard to believe I do not own a DLG glider yet so been checking and reading on what is good and what's not so good......it gets endlesssssssssss. Do you hear this big SUCKING sound as it drags me in again.

Headbang

Master member
Eventually you run out of space, so it becomes easier to not impulse buy that eflite F4 edf. Of course the wife told be to buy it 20mins after I left, so might have to back tomorrow to avoid not doing what I am told!

Seriously, only time it is an issue is if it causes deception to the family. Then it is an addiction. And well, addiction to anything can be bad. But as long as you tell your wife you bought that $15,000 jet hanging in the hobby shop, there is no issue. I mean the kitchen looks fine to me, so that money is better spent on something useful!

Keno

I know a good therapist who is a avid bass fisherman. On second thought he probably is not a person you want to seek help from. Best advice, seek help from those close to you and join the closes MBA (Model Builder Anonymous) association.

bracesport

Legendary member
it's my wife who thinks I have a problem - and, well, she's right!

I just remembered I have a bixler 3 spare part wing under the bench - what should I build?

Bricks

Master member
Eventually you run out of space, so it becomes easier to not impulse buy that eflite F4 edf. Of course the wife told be to buy it 20mins after I left, so might have to back tomorrow to avoid not doing what I am told!

Seriously, only time it is an issue is if it causes deception to the family. Then it is an addiction. And well, addiction to anything can be bad. But as long as you tell your wife you bought that $15,000 jet hanging in the hobby shop, there is no issue. I mean the kitchen looks fine to me, so that money is better spent on something useful!

I do not have a lot of out of pocket money in my addiction, I don`t buy new usually. I will buy someone out that is getting out of RC and resell what I do not want and keep the rest. Last RC auction I went to purchased 4 planes sold 2 and now I ended up with 2 30CC gassers complete and I have $25 in each one they are both beater planes but that is what I wanted them for.. My best deal was when I bought out one guy huge trailer 117 planes by the time all said and done I made almost $2800, selling the trailer just about paid for the whole mess.

Captain Video

When I started this hobby five or so years ago, I never dreamed that I would have five Spectrum controllers, seven planes, three quads, a Losi buggy and a heli. This hobby was a project for my sons with which my sons and would bond. We still fly when they come home from college. But cannot help myself when I find a good bargain. I would spend large amounts of time if my wife would not reign my obsession.

basslord1124

Master member
I recommend that for every RC site you have in your favorites add a random cat website in there. The internet's full of those and everybody loves a good cat meme.

It also may not make it so obvious if someone might be snooping on your computer. ;)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
It is sad that you cannot see the obvious solution:rolleyes::confused:.

You obviously need to delete the unnecessary entries on the favorites list!:geek:

It is obvious that the other 13% must go to make more room for more relevant info!:whistle::p

Have fun!