I have no idea what i am doing.

Toby_Warren

Hi, so today I was given a Bi-plane, and a whole bunch of chargers and batteries and such to use with it, but unfortunately I've been given no instructions on how to get it bound properly or charge the battery

Now when i hook the plane up to my remote it beeps at me and will not spin the prop (I assume the battery is too flat to test that)
So i decided to attempt to charge it. Problem is i have no idea how to use this strange charger.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Videos:
Prop not spinning, beeping:
Unable to charge and stuff:

So yeah, i have no idea what i'm doing

bracesport

Legendary member
you need to take it one step at a time - how about some pictures of all the geat you have including radio gear

Reactions: FDS

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
On the Platinum EX charger, are there sockets that you can plug in the battery's white balance lead into. The charger looks to be an intelligent one and is looking for direct connection to the battery, the box you have in-between the battery and the charger I think is confusing it.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
If the ESC is just beeping, that usually means that it's not connected to the receiver - time to check your wiring.

Toby_Warren

If the ESC is just beeping, that usually means that it's not connected to the receiver - time to check your wiring.
The beeping is coming from the motor, the slight twitch. I didnt do the wiring, and it was assembled by a veteran, who has been flying for 40+ years.
On the Platinum EX charger, are there sockets that you can plug in the battery's white balance lead into. The charger looks to be an intelligent one and is looking for direct connection to the battery, the box you have in-between the battery and the charger I think is confusing it.
There is no connection to go directly from the battery to the blue box, the balance charger is the only thing with the correct plugs...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The beeping is coming from the motor, the slight twitch. I didnt do the wiring, and it was assembled by a veteran, who has been flying for 40+ years.

There is no connection to go directly from the battery to the blue box, the balance charger is the only thing with the correct plugs...
The ESC makes beeps by twitching the motor - that's normal. The ESC will have a three wire lead going to the receiver and I suspect this is loose/not connected. When an ESC does that sort of beeping it usually means it's not receiving a control signal.
Can't offer any more help on the charger as I can't seem to locate a manual for it online using a google search.

Toby_Warren

Detailed Pics

Attachments

• 20190417_173152.jpg
    20190417_173152.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190417_173113.jpg
    20190417_173113.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

quorneng

Master member
I am afraid my advice is unless you are a pretty experienced RC flyer is to put it all to one side until you are!
That plane is not for a beginner to learn to fly on and mistreat that 4s 2200 mAh battery "by not knowing what you are doing" and it could easily damage itself, the charger or both. There is a lot of energy in that battery. Get is really wrong and it can burst into flames.

You really do need the instructions for that charger. It really is not a 'try and see what happens' sort of thing.

As Caroline said the beeping is because the receiver is not getting the correct throttle signal from the transmitter.
As a safety feature the throttle has to be fully closed and the throttle trim set to minimum before the motor speed controller (ESC) will work.
It could also be a bad connection somewhere that is preventing the receiver from "arming" the motor.

Sorry to be a kill joy but by far the safest way to proceed is to get someone who does know what they are doing to check it all over and show you how it it all supposed to work.

chrisvdv

For your own safety and everybody else's...........go ask help at your nearest rc club. Take everything with you and show, ask and learn from the members. Best move as a noob I did by doing just that.
Next, read and ask a lot of questions on this forum and others, there are so much knowledge here that is available for free.

Toby_Warren

Currently i've got the motor working, the esc wasnt working with that receiver so i've changed it over to a different one. Now as for "Experienced flyer" Yes i have experience in FLYING but not much in the technical stuff. I can fly perfectly well. But i just need instructions for charging.

Also i have around 4 or 5 spare ESCs for various models, and about 4 different motors.

mayan

Legendary member
Hi, so today I was given a Bi-plane, and a whole bunch of chargers and batteries and such to use with it, but unfortunately I've been given no instructions on how to get it bound properly or charge the battery

Now when i hook the plane up to my remote it beeps at me and will not spin the prop (I assume the battery is too flat to test that)
So i decided to attempt to charge it. Problem is i have no idea how to use this strange charger.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Videos:
Prop not spinning, beeping:
Unable to charge and stuff:

So yeah, i have no idea what i'm doing
It’s say no battery because the power lead of the battery is not connected to anything. You got the connection on the balance plug correct though. I have a charger that looks similar minus the converter box that you seem to have. This is how it should be setup.

411F62F9-7EA0-4F3E-8E77-2114A9CA1398.jpeg

I would though highly recommend you get someone that is local have a look too b/c like everyone else said batteries can be dangerous mistreat them and they will go up in flames (no one wants that). Again remove the prop when you are not in the field it’s safety for yourself and others that lead to that tip of advice, take it from ppl that got injured and don’t want to see others get hurt.

davidkdk

Until you know what you're doing, don't mess around. You should start by watching this FliteTest video...
Then you should watch the full Beginner Series it belongs to.
If you overcharge the battery it could go up in flames. If you drain the battery too much it could go up in flames. Go slow and be careful.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I would take all the safety advice on the battery situation , those lipo's are like ticking little time bombs.

As far as in your first video (beeping motor) you were moving the aileron and elevator stick and the left throttle stick was sitting dead center, to initialize the esc it has to be at 0.

basslord1124

Master member
I don't think I've ever seen a battery with a switch so that is a new thing. I would definitely recommend some reading/watching youtube before hooking anything up, especially with that lipo. Wrong settings can make a very bad situation that could result in personal/property damage. Or if not that reading, finding someone to help.

Lipo batteries are generally charged with the plus and minus leads (black and red) AND also using the balance port. Balance port is the small computer like connector with a white end. This makes all cells get balanced while charging. You need to make sure it is connected properly and that you use the right settings on the charger. On the Turnigy 2200 that would be a 4 cell and charging at 2.2A. Normally I connect it all first before turning on the charger. Your main charging lead was not connected originally and I'd say if you power cycle the charger after it is connected it may be ok.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The picture with the battery and the port adapter is your problem.
The port on the side is where a ribbon cable gets plugged in with the other end into the side port on the charger. The top 5 plugs are the actual balance ports for 2s to 6s batteries.

Proper setup should look like this. Just with you particular charger.

20190417_200704.jpg

After that is done you need to scroll thru the menu and set up proper charging parameters for your batteries. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GUESS. You could very easily start a fire or have an explosion causing harm or burning your house down. Over charged lipos are no joke.