I have twins.... :)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I couldn't resist, made some changes to add a rudder on it and upgrade to 40A ESC
IMG_20210318_091351713.jpg IMG_20210318_091401073.jpg

Twins - like the film ;)

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
Something looked off from the start. Definitely got worse power off. What did the post crash reveal?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Something looked off from the start. Definitely got worse power off. What did the post crash reveal?
It flew great until the shutdown of the EDF. I decidied it was either the ESC doing a thermal cut-out or losing the signal from the receiver. I have a couple of failure to arms afterwards which makes me think it was more likely a signal issue. To play it safe I've added a heatsink to the ESC, carved out some internal foam to provide more airflow and swapped out the receiver for a different one - Lemon DSMX to Jumper T16 (FRSky protocol).
I did give it a couple of flights this morning (1 on 3S and 1 on 4S) but the weather was horrible - 18+mph winds, cold and full of turblance so I was concentrating on not crashing than making a video. My eyes were all tearing up from the wind :(

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Well: do a video so I can say, Wish I could do that.

What happened to the mandatory strobes?
Glued together with E6000 which is the very best foam glue in my view. It has just the right flexibility. A long snap-off blade to increase airflow, a heated up screwdriver to smooth off the cut areas. The heatsink is one of those I.C. heatsinks, it was a bit tall so used a dremmel cutting fick to shorten it a little.
No strobes, this plane will not be flown very far away.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Glued together with E6000 which is the very best foam glue in my view. It has just the right flexibility. A long snap-off blade to increase airflow, a heated up screwdriver to smooth off the cut areas. The heatsink is one of those I.C. heatsinks, it was a bit tall so used a dremmel cutting fick to shorten it a little.
No strobes, this plane will not be flown very far away.
Another thumbs up for E6000! I've used it a a few foam builds now. Thinking about trying it instead of hot glue on a FT foamboard kit for fun....