I hope I'm not the only one like this...

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I've noticed that various ARF's get produced for a while (maybe a couple years) then go out of production never to be made again. Since I've only been in the hobby for two years I see planes that are out of production that I wish I had.

I find myself stockpiling planes (I have at least six in que to build) and I've noticed that if one goes on sale at a drastically reduced price it's probably about to be discontinued. If it's even one I think I'll ever be even remotely interested in, I'll buy it. I keep telling myself that my kids will want to fly these some day and we can build them together...That's probably just an excuse though. I think I need help...but I really don't want it. :p

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Do you need my shipping address? LOL Just Kidding dude, what kind of planes are you referring to? Pics please!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Well, all in boxes still so no pics..This one was even hard to find on the web (out of production and all). It was on sale at Hobby-Lobby last year and had such a price drop I knew it was a closeout.

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co....95&activepage=1&Navmain=&subcatname=ARTF - JP

78" Tigermoth
5500295.jpg

82" Zero
zero80j.jpg

71" Sparrowhawk
SEA5525-450.jpg

73" BF-109E
ESMBF109-73AAF.jpg

8ft Telemaster
pr2270img1sma.jpg

Advance 25e
advance25e.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You sure seem to like the big stuff!

I don't have the room to stockpile. Also, chances are if I want to promote within my job, I'll have to move. I have enough stuff to try to haul from A to B, without adding a warehouse of unbuilt planes. (Although, they would be a lot easier to transport than my built ones...)

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I've noticed that various ARF's get produced for a while ..... (I have at least six in que to build) ... I keep telling myself that my kids will want to fly these some day and we can build them together..... :p
I am confused - ARF, do you build them? Arent they already built for you?
Excuse if i am wrong. I do not have a lot of experience in ARF....:)

Mayby kits have a longer life and is a little more to build?
I checked the SIG Astrohog kit. It startad shipping 1957 according to the internet and is still shipping today!
You can select any color and scheme you want yourself.
111029-10.JPG 111015-10.JPG

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Bike,

You have some nice WWII fighters there. The 82" Zero, wow, nice size and so is the Messerschmitt. If you ever get them in the air they could make a nice video. You could use some effects like making it B&W along with some sound. Regardless, seeing something of those sizes with those body styles and history would be quite a sight.