I Messed Up.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Yeah, I have ideas......
But NEED a Laser Cutter first. I'm thinking BIG. :eek:

If I can get to a FF, and REALLY want to be able to afford to, I have ideas for a four 60mm EDF C-5B Galaxy!!
I used to work on those huge P&W Engines between 88-90... That Plane's sheer size still staggers me!!

I'm not 2% ready to start THAT!! But it is on my mind. The new FT P-47 actually gave me ideas for how the tremendous Fuselage should go together.
STILL a pipe dream now...

YOUR concept Works! Kudos!!
Sweet! What a cool and unique choice to do a scale model of. Any four engine is ambitious, especially with EDF units. As somebody born in '89 who took C-5 as a small child on my first few family trips to Germany(pops was Air Force back then), I'm definitely interested.

PoorManRC

Master member
Also check out the giant BUFF build that @Mid7night did at FlightFest this year - instead of sinking the money into 4 big EDF units he got great results using very high kV multi-rotor motors with cut down props in ducts. Still looks great, and probably cut about 50% off the total budget. :D
I would LOVE to see that!! (y)(y)
This is a future project idea... FAR away now. I'm thinking 1/4" Foam Core Board, and at LEAST a 7 FOOT Wingspan!! :eek::unsure:

Either ambitious or STUPID, FF seems to always bring one or two EPIC Aircraft...
When I can afford to finally get to one - I want to make an IMPACT!!
(I haven't done that since I had a Band, 25 years ago)

This 2+ year nightmare will end with a sizeable inheritance. I also want to make up for a lot of lost time....
AND give back to this Community, which has and is so good to me - and help People less fortunate...
Knowing EXACTLY what they're going through.

PoorManRC

Master member
Sweet! What a cool and unique choice to do a scale model of. Any four engine is ambitious, especially with EDF units. As somebody born in '89 who took C-5 as a small child on my first few family trips to Germany(pops was Air Force back then), I'm definitely interested.

..... I have a feeling, Pops and I are about the same age.
Was he in Saudi in 89-91 too? Maybe I saw him. ;)

Seahunter

Some of you know me...
As inexpensive as FT Aircraft are, I still needed a lot of help.
I got help from a couple of awesome guys here! I am eternally grateful.

Then, I screwed up apparently, by asking for financial help.... We're still in a pretty dire situation, but surviving.
ONE person (all it takes) started telling People that I was taking advantage of them... even going as far as calling it Scamming!

If that were true, I'd almost be relieved, because it would have meant that we wouldn't have to worry about where food, diapers and other basics were coming from.

Still, I blame myself. I did go too far. I wasn't raised that way, and if my Parents were still alive, they would be disappointed in me.
I'm very sorry for asking for financial help.
It's caused more HARM than good in the long run.

My Hobbies, RC Aircraft and Crawlers, is literally the only thing holding me together. Literally keeping me SANE even. I'm doing it on a narrow shoestring, and in a time frame that would bore most of you to tears!
I'm doing what I can, with what I've got.

If someone would cut me a Simple Scout, that would be great. But I'm not begging....

I have been working on the Simple Cub Speed Build Kit that I got for Christmas!
I couldn't just build it, I had to modify it! Primarily the Landing Gear! I've moved it forward about an inch, in an attempt at smoother Landings.

I'm an Old, Disabled Veteran, I can still walk thank GOD (so many of my brothers and sisters aren't so fortunate). But I can't go chasing Planes. I need at least semi-reliable Flying characteristics, AND good Ground Control.

So far, I have this build in a series of Videos. I'll post the build, and the eventual Maiden (gulp!), if y'all are still interested.

I just HOPE I can win back the Good Friends that I lost.
Thank you for listening.

~ Carmine
Just now found this thread, you sure haven't lost most of us, thank you for your service, I retired from the Coast Guard after spending many years on high endurance coast guard cutters ( WHEC ) at sea carrying out many missions and often searching for persons lost at sea, that's where I got the handle Seahunter. Again, thank you for your service and we appreciate you. Fly safe …...Fred

PoorManRC

Master member
Just now found this thread, you sure haven't lost most of us, thank you for your service, I retired from the Coast Guard after spending many years on high endurance coast guard cutters ( WHEC ) at sea carrying out many missions and often searching for persons lost at sea, that's where I got the handle Seahunter. Again, thank you for your service and we appreciate you. Fly safe …...Fred
Thanks Fred. That means a lot to me.
Thank you for YOUR Service too!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You’ll always have my support man! It must be tough, and although I can’t help much, I’ll do what I can. I’ve been blessed by so many helpful people even though undeserved and I want to pass it on when I can. Thanks for your service buddy

PoorManRC

Master member
You’ll always have my support man! It must be tough, and although I can’t help much, I’ll do what I can. I’ve been blessed by so many helpful people even though undeserved and I want to pass it on when I can. Thanks for your service buddy
I appreciate your help!
Do you know anyone who can cut a couple of kits?
I'd like a Cruiser and FT Edge 540 without the Control Surfaces cut....
And the Master Series P-47.

..... I'm in a building mood! 😉