Help! I need a practical plane

pepitox28

Hi all. I'm Venezuelan. I left my country a long time ago to look for a better quality of life. In my country I fly airplanes made by me and bought. my problem now is that I want to fly again where I live (chile) and I need to build some plane that is easy to transport either by metro or bicycle. I do not own a car and I want to find a way to have a plane on
which is easy to transport and removable. Is there an option for me? I would like to be able to carry a plane on my back when I ride my bike to the track. thank you

Headbang

Master member
LongEz is super transportable. One could add carbon fiber or wood shafts to the wing and tail sections of any 1m plane to make it quick to disassemble and assemble. It would not be unreasonable to strap an assembled plane to a backpack with a cargo net. Something solid like a spitfire, mustang, or mig-3. Nerd nick has some 800mm designs that might work. Hope that helps!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Hi all. I'm Venezuelan. I left my country a long time ago to look for a better quality of life. In my country I fly airplanes made by me and bought. my problem now is that I want to fly again where I live (chile) and I need to build some plane that is easy to transport either by metro or bicycle. I do not own a car and I want to find a way to have a plane on
which is easy to transport and removable. Is there an option for me? I would like to be able to carry a plane on my back when I ride my bike to the track. thank you
You could try a tiny trainer in all is configurations and it will fit in a back pack.

I ride a bicycle a lot especially to the local flying field and to deliver planes which have been ordered by others.
A long time ago now I picked an old bicycle from the rubbish and an old ironing board and made a trailer for my bicycle. Now I can carry a proper tool box, a bungee launcher, 2 transmitters and up to 6 planes to the field on flying days and up to 12 planes for a delivery run!

Below is pic taken 3 years ago now!
Jack Lihou Park sign 20160515-4.jpg

Have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
This is my Tiny Trainer ready to transport to the field. In the bag are the fuselage, trainer wing and backup trainer wing. In the plastic case are the batteries, rubber bands and some supplies for field repairs, which would easily fit in a backpack. Plus the trans, which would also fit in the backpack.

It works because the wing is held on by rubber bands and easily assembled at the flight location. Seems like any similar design would allow for the same packability.

IMG_0204.JPG

evranch

I feel like if you don't want a removable wing, the Bloody Baron is both sturdy enough and the right form factor to be strapped to your back or to a bike rack. It's a stocky sort of plane but still a very aggressive flyer. The Baron has become one of my favorite planes ever in only the month since I built it.

Headbang

Master member
You could try a tiny trainer in all is configurations and it will fit in a back pack.

I ride a bicycle a lot especially to the local flying field and to deliver planes which have been ordered by others.
A long time ago now I picked an old bicycle from the rubbish and an old ironing board and made a trailer for my bicycle. Now I can carry a proper tool box, a bungee launcher, 2 transmitters and up to 6 planes to the field on flying days and up to 12 planes for a delivery run!

Below is pic taken 3 years ago now!
View attachment 123208

Have fun!
That is just awesome!

pepitox28

thank you all for your good answers and very quick solutions. I've been thinking about what they said about a removable wing plane. the only thing I want is that he was not a trainer. I already fly a lot of trainer and I want to experience warplanes flights or maybe try a yet ducte fan. Where could I get some good plans to send them to the store where they cut them in laser.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Where could I get some good plans to send them to the store where they cut them in laser.
flitetest.com
Click on the link for "STORE" at the top.
On the left under the main image click on "Airplanes."
Same location, click on "DIY Airplanes."
Find the plane you like and click on it's link.
Just above the written description, click on "RESOURCES."
You want the "...Full Plans" link.

FDS

Elite member
You can just cut them out with a craft knife, you don’t need a laser cutter.