I need Flip 1.5 Arming help!

Gregulimy

Hi forums,
I have finally finished my Electrohub build and need help with arming it.
It has the Electrohub kit so the Flip 1.5.
I have this for my transmitter http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._4Ghz_6Ch_Tx_Rx_V2_Mode_2_USA_Warehouse_.html. It is bound to the receiver setup in Mode 2 (Tested in the Multiwii software)

I have managed to fluke arming it once or twice but never caught how i did it, blue light came on but then i couldn't do anything until i flicked the Left on/off switch on my transmitter which made the motors spin. I could throttle up at this point but if i flicked that switch again i couldn't do anything.

I have tried arming it with the Left stick in the right corner and the right stick in the middle but that doesn't do anything. I have tried this both with the switch up and down - neither doing anything.

At this point i am stuck, does anyone have this same transmitter or any info that may help?
Thanks,
Greg

Quad

Here is some help I received the other day on the same topic (Different Tx):

To arm, throttle at zero, yaw stick all the way right. Disarm with yaw to the left.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
First thing to do - get the MW Configurator up and running and confirm that you're getting RX readings from the board, everything is on the right channel and going the right way and what range they're in. If you can adjust the endpoints on your TX to get them within 1000-2000 that's best. If not...then things get tricky.

Most likely your TX isn't giving a full 1000-2000us signal right now - it might be just on the edge though which is why you may have occasionally armed. But the first step is to get the configurator setup and confirm that your RX is doing what the FX expects it to be doing.

Quad

I have run into the same problem. I can no longer arm. Using the Flip 1.5 and FrSky X8R

I have loaded up multiwigui and and see the following:

Throttle is 991 - 2013
YAW is 994 - 2001
pitch is 995- 2017
ROLL tracks the throttle and has a range of 994-2018

So I should set everything to 1000-2000 or is a little overage good? Is roll tracking with throttle expected?

Quad

I have run into the same problem. I can no longer arm. Using the Flip 1.5 and FrSky X8R

I have loaded up multiwigui and and see the following:

Throttle is 991 - 2013
YAW is 994 - 2001
pitch is 995- 2017
ROLL tracks the throttle and has a range of 994-2018

So I should set everything to 1000-2000 or is a little overage good? Is roll tracking with throttle expected?

SO I dug around a bit and it seems that having them go a bit higher and lower is OK. Does the ROLL tracing the throttle seem OK? Also the quad has to be level. I did calibrate the quad in MultiWiiGui for level and then did not move the quad and tried to arm it and it did not work.

Quad

SO I dug around a bit and it seems that having them go a bit higher and lower is OK. Does the ROLL tracing the throttle seem OK? Also the quad has to be level. I did calibrate the quad in MultiWiiGui for level and then did not move the quad and tried to arm it and it did not work.

ch1 and ch2 were both configured to throttle...

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Going a bit above 1000 and below 2000 is ok...but going below 1000 or above 2000 can cause issues (though most versions of the GUI won't show values above 2k or below 1k making it hard to tell if you're out of range.)

As long as you're between 1000 and your MINCHECK and 2000 and your MAXCHECK you should be ok.

Roll should not be tracking the throttle - sounds like you have some channels mixing somewhere.

rcflyer729

fpv and rc planes
this is very easy to fix all you need to do is pup up your rudder travel adjust until it will arms this always works for me and I even helped Alix at eweek get his to work after he had tried lots of other things to get it to work

Gregulimy

Ok, i loaded up MultiWiiGui and found out that with that switch up my Throttle is 1014 and doesn't respond to controls but when down it is 1178 and does respond.
All other controls work with but the switch up and down. All between 1000-2000 starting at 1500 before it is touched

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I'm not sure what you mean by "on off" switch. You're talking about the transmitter power switch? First of all, you should never turn off the transmitter if your aircraft is powered up. Very risky thing to do if you don't have the proper failsafe setup.

If you're referring to one of the channel switches, it sounds like you have one of them mapped to your receiver for some auxiliary function? Maybe flight mode or arm? Not sure. If the switch you're referring to is your throttle (and yaw) stick, then when it's all the way down, your throttle should read 1000 pwm. If it's all the way up, it should read 2000. Since your transmitter doesn't have programmable end points, you may need to change the MultiWii min/maxcommand values so that you get full range of control. There's another thread in the forums with details if you search for min or maxcommand. Same with min or maxthrottle.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Ahh, that sounds like a throttle hold switch. Didn't realize there were transmitters that enable those by default. Funny, I'm used to that being sort of a trainer switch.

Anyway, with MultiWii, the default arm input is for full low throttle and full right yaw. Of course, that also means your transmitter needs to be able to send the correct values corresponding to those inputs for the MultiWii to recognize the "full" range.

With your transmitter, I think you may find that the min/maxcommand limits need to be customized for the board to register 1000 as a minimum input value and 2000 as maximum.

The only way to do this would be to use MultiWiiConf or a similar mobile app (MultiWiiGUI for example, on Android) to see those RC values, with your flight board connected via USB or bluetooth to your configuration tool.

Gregulimy

I think i may have just fixed it, i went into T6 (the software for my Tx) and tweaked the throttle so it would stay at the lowest point. Un plugged everything, powered it up and successfully armed it just by putting the throttle stick into the right corner !!
Now, propellers. What way do the R's go?

Last edited:

Quad

I think i may have just fixed it, i went into T6 (the software for my Tx) and tweaked the throttle so it would stay at the lowest point. Un plugged everything, powered it up and successfully armed it just by putting the throttle stick into the right corner !!
Now, propellers. What way do the R's go?

For props the high edge is the leading edge...