I need help and have a question about multi-roters

jlmartin

okay mind you i am originally a prop paper-craft maker so please bare with me when I ask this question cause I am totally new to flight all the way around.

My question is this If I was to build a multi copter and used fiberglass reinforced paper as the body would it still have good characteristics for flight and maintain a good copter for Novice video? Please give me your best ideas for something that I can use that won't cost me a whole lot I am on a budget.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
JL,

Welcome to the forum! and welcome to another papercrafter drug into the world of making paper airplanes controlable ;)

how about this:

http://flitetest.com/articles/first-origami-quadcopter-for-less-then-20-cent

The need for glassing the paper would depend on the size. This guy is tiny and pretty gentle and the unfolded paper retains far more strength. if you were to want to go larger, faster, more agile, or more arbitrary in your design then, yeah, the structure would need to be beefed up, and glassing is a great way to do that.

Two design goals you'll have to maintain to keep it happy -- balance the thrust form the motors at the CG, and put your control board over the CG. do that and most any design with sufficient power can be tweaked to fly well.

Last edited:

jlmartin

JL,

Welcome to the forum! and welcome to another papercrafter drug into the world of making paper airplanes controlable ;)

how about this:

http://flitetest.com/articles/first-origami-quadcopter-for-less-then-20-cent

The need for glassing the paper would depend on the size. This guy is tiny and pretty gentle and the unfolded paper retains far more strength. if you were to want to go larger, faster, more agile, or more arbitrary in your design then, yeah, the structure would need to be beefed up, and glassing is a great way to do that.

Two design goals you'll have to maintain to keep it happy -- balance the thrust form the motors at the CG, and put your control board over the CG. do that and most any design with sufficient power can be tweaked to fly well.

Thank you soo much CraftyDan I'll look into the design and go from there