i need help for a scratch build

luke k

i want to build a micro EDF but i cant find any units 25mm or smaller and i need a elevon flight controller. (please help me and comment)

Ranger_107

Elite member
If you are new to RC planes, I wouldn't recommend scratch building an EDF because it might get a little frustrating, but if you are experienced then look on this site, it might have something you are looking for. (sry if you already started building it, just saw the post)

quorneng

Master member
luke
I can only endorse Ranger_107's comment.
Building any EDF is quite a challenge and a micro one even more so. Tricky to build, difficult to find the right components and even harder to get to fly. Of course it can be done with the right level of skill and experience.
Have you built and flown RC or perhaps a 'bigger' EDF?

Ranger_107

Elite member
I would say do a 30-40mm EDF and then keep the plans for the plane, which you can laterbuild a little smaller with a 25mm EDF for the plane.
for a glider let me look for a second.

luke k

im not super good but im using a ultra micro flight board so it will have to be small enough to fit that for good cg

luke k

the Avro vulcan looks like a great plane and i bet i could make some thrust vectoring on it to

Ranger_107

Elite member
heres a pic of the vulcan- 1586982607607.png you could do it with 2 intakes and one motor/edf like the harrier.