I need help for my Tricopter

MrChaos

Umm, may I say that on my tricopter the arming process has the rudder input reversed. I arm with the left stick down and to the left. The control and gyro are working correctly, though.

I have tried that to, but it don't work.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I don't exactly what you mean, shall I cut the red wire on to of the wires from 2 of the ESC ? but that is the + wire, will the ESC work then ?

Not necessarily cut them, you can press the little metal tab on the connector and pull it out. The red cable gives the board and receiver power - and you only need one power source. The ESC's get power from the battery.

I personally use all three ESC's connected, no problem. But you can try like Tritium says.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The red wire can be gently removed from the plug by lifting up the plastic that locks it in position and pulling it out of the plug so it can be reused if you ever move the ESC to another craft (make sure and insulate it so it cannot short against anything). The red wire is only to bring power from the ESC'c built in Battery Eliminator circuit (BEC) to the receiver and electronics. If all three are hooked up then it can cause problems because you have 3 different power supplies "fighting" each other. You need to only leave one attached to power the control board. The other two esc's will still receive a control signal so they will run fine.

Edit: what colorex said I have repeated since we were typing at the same time. Some ESC's work fine together, some don't. It is worth a try.

Thurmond

Last edited:

MrChaos

Okey that I haven't thought off, I will certainly give it a try, thank you so much, I will give you guys an update if it works or not :)

MrChaos

I just tried to pull out the red wire from 2 of the ESC's but nothing changed, it's the same, if the yaw pot isn't turned fully clockwise, then the motors just keep on bipping and I can't arm the board, but thanks for the advise, but I just have to see my self beat'n by a controller board :D

Then I just have to wait to the new board arrives from hongkong to go fly fpv :)

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Chaos,

I think it was mentioned already, but have you tried to reduce throttle trims? that will cause a board not to arm. Also make sure that you have your dual rate switches in the right place. If one of them got moved, it could cause your board not to arm.

hope this helps.

Cheers!

Eric

MrChaos

Chaos,

I think it was mentioned already, but have you tried to reduce throttle trims? that will cause a board not to arm. Also make sure that you have your dual rate switches in the right place. If one of them got moved, it could cause your board not to arm.

hope this helps.

Cheers!

Eric

Hi Eric

Yes I have tried all the things, and nothing helps, I think that I've just that unlucky that i've recieved a board with flaws, buy now I just have to wait for the new board to arrive to see of it helps :)

Aikon1977

Hi,
it's been a while ago since i've set up my tricopter. But i'm quiet sure i had the same problems on arming the board.
I went trough this guid over and over again:
http://rcexplorer.se/Educational/kkguide/kkguide/tri.html
But i was not able to arm the board.

Somehow (and i don't know what exactly it was) it worked after i tested every esc on the receiver directly. I entered the setup mode for every esc but did not change any setting. After that connected again the flight controller board and at that point everything was fine (only a gyro compensation direction needed to be changed after that).

Maybe you'll give it a last try before trowing the board away ;-)

Cheers, Gregor

MrChaos

Hi,
it's been a while ago since i've set up my tricopter. But i'm quiet sure i had the same problems on arming the board.
I went trough this guid over and over again:
http://rcexplorer.se/Educational/kkguide/kkguide/tri.html
But i was not able to arm the board.

Somehow (and i don't know what exactly it was) it worked after i tested every esc on the receiver directly. I entered the setup mode for every esc but did not change any setting. After that connected again the flight controller board and at that point everything was fine (only a gyro compensation direction needed to be changed after that).

Maybe you'll give it a last try before trowing the board away ;-)

Cheers, Gregor

Yes I could give it a last try, and I will, i'll let you know if it helped or not :)

Thank you to all of you who have been trying to help me with my problem, I really appreciate it :)