I need help with troubleshooting my FPV Drone

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You are dealing with banggood. The parts you bought are cheapest of the cheap so tolerances for the entire thing will stack so its possible to get an FC whos 5v regulator pumps out more or less then 5v and the vtx you got has the opposite and needs more then minimum specd power then Stew got. To be honest I am surprised it even worked at all in the beginning well enough to be in the air.

You would physically have to measure power on the FC to be sure what voltage it is putting out before applying the load of a vtx. Then you should do continuity tests to make sure all wires are in fact a continuous path for current. Its best to start at the beginning with nothing plugged in or hard wired and work your way outwards until you find the issue.

Tazman

You are dealing with banggood. The parts you bought are cheapest of the cheap so tolerances for the entire thing will stack so its possible to get an FC whos 5v regulator pumps out more or less then 5v and the vtx you got has the opposite and needs more then minimum specd power then Stew got. To be honest I am surprised it even worked at all in the beginning well enough to be in the air.

You would physically have to measure power on the FC to be sure what voltage it is putting out before applying the load of a vtx. Then you should do continuity tests to make sure all wires are in fact a continuous path for current. Its best to start at the beginning with nothing plugged in or hard wired and work your way outwards until you find the issue.
I dont think buy from banggood is the issue, they sell the same boards from the same manufactures as everyone else does, as long as you are buying name brand, I do not think they buy name brand parts from a section called ”name brand buy cheaper”. That being said I did see you switched up the VTX from the one you originally had to the one you newly ordered. If the specs are out in voltage this might be the issue, not how expensive or cheap the vtx may or may not be. I personally know lots of guys that buy from banggood and have wonderful quads that fly great. Just make sure you have the right VTX one the new one will work with the FC you have, if in doubt google it, ask on forums before ordering. I would not hesitate to order from banggood though in the future unless they just dont have what you need.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Banggood does in fact sell brand name products. However their own branded products are reverse engineered garbage stolen from other companies produced with the cheapest crap components possible.

Case in point..

Soo that all said... If you desire to support a company like that who makes a fair portion of their money ripping off others Rock on.. Its your money and if you do any research you will find in a good portion of cases their gear doesnt work out of the box. Most guys that choose to use them buy 10 servos at once in hopes of getting 2 or 3 that work.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I try to put 60% of my purchases through hobby supporting retailers in my country, like Unmanned UAV Tech. There’s some stuff that’s unavoidable on Banggood like the URUAV 300mah 1s lipos that are currently not available anywhere else for close to the same spec and price. They might be the crystal meth of batteries.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would do that as well except the nearest hobby store to me that supplies hobby level multirotor and FPV is over 70 miles away and thats a long walk with no vehicles.

I supported FT as best I could til I out grew what they provide. I cant get on the AMAIN bus though after seeing things in the change over that are just not right.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I have to go mail order for everything. No hobby stores left within 1hrs drive, certainly only one with drone parts and they are expensive.
For FT stuff there’s less choice, everything here is out of stock, including FT board.

Tazman

Banggood does in fact sell brand name products. However their own branded products are reverse engineered garbage stolen from other companies produced with the cheapest crap components possible.

Case in point..

Soo that all said... If you desire to support a company like that who makes a fair portion of their money ripping off others Rock on.. Its your money and if you do any research you will find in a good portion of cases their gear doesnt work out of the box. Most guys that choose to use them buy 10 servos at once in hopes of getting 2 or 3 that work.
Well if you read the parts he bought they were not banggood, and that really is not helping him figure it out telling him he is support whomever you do not like, his parts are just fine and the reason his stuff is not working has nothing to do with banggood. Why even bring it up in the post, makes no sense and does not help at all. I love banggood, they sell decent stuff at great prices, I starting to think you run a hobby shop. In any event nothing wrong with banggood, you just have to watch and by name brand and get good pricing, other than than, anyone should feel free to buy where ever they feel they should best spend the money that they earned. Now if banggood had a rep of not delivering product or not sending out the product you ordered, or substituting brand product for knockoff product, none of which they do, I could really see having an issue, but buying name brand product at really good prices, well that is just good business. Now if you are running a basement hobby store and you are pissed off cause they are beating your prices I see why you might be upset, buy that is a personal thing and should not and has no real business being on this forum. The gentleman in question just wanted help finding out why the VTX was not running on the FC, and I am pretty sure its not due to banggood, I am pretty sure it is due to the fact he ordered a different VTX than the one originally there and it may not be correct for that FC. Secondly I really thing the VTX that was original may still be working should he check the antenna to see if it has cold solder joints, and perhaps on the rest of the original board as he stated if he mashed the button it sometimes worked. I also think he should be checking the voltages of the original and new VTX to see if there may be any difference in voltage. The VTX could be also DOA, and no matter where you order from sometimes you can get stuff that is DOA, happened lots to me, and I order from a great many places, also where I get the best deal for my money. If you do not like banggood, dont order from them, leave the politics of where to but and good or bad of the place out of the post. Personal opinion on banggood was not the question he asked.

Tazman

I try to put 60% of my purchases through hobby supporting retailers in my country, like Unmanned UAV Tech. There’s some stuff that’s unavoidable on Banggood like the URUAV 300mah 1s lipos that are currently not available anywhere else for close to the same spec and price. They might be the crystal meth of batteries.
Supporting local shops is fine, all I am saying is if you like banggood and it gives you what you want and you are happy, let it be, if you have a bad experience fine, but slagging banggood for suspecting them for things you cannot prove save just spouting out in a post, ahhhh poor taste. Especially since the guy never asked is banggood have Good stuff, the guys quad came from there and the parts did to. All he wanted was help figure out what was wrong. Then it turns into a banggood debate, not thinking that is the best way to help the guy.

IanSR

I have to go mail order for everything. No hobby stores left within 1hrs drive, certainly only one with drone parts and they are expensive.
For FT stuff there’s less choice, everything here is out of stock, including FT board.

Not anymore, most places have the board back in stock now, got 10 sheets delivered yesterday to me that was ordered Friday from robotbirds.