i recently got the racing quad power pack what battery's should i get both 3s and 4s?

Sicnetwrk

Im new to the quad racing scene and want to make sure i dont blow my ESCs. I dont know what battriys to get for the racing quad power pack.. love the motors and ESCs. but dont want to risk blowing them up... what would be a good 3s and a good 4s battery to run with them??? also interested in getting the oneshot150 setup going with a CC3D FC. I have a DX6i and the ar610.
Im new to this and any input would be great..
Also would like to thank flitetest for this amazing package.
Thanks all.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
If you are learning to fly I would suggest getting a 3s with a high C rating. It will still be zippy but its a good learning point.

Sicnetwrk

yeah i understand that but what c rating? I was looking at some that were 1300mh that were i think 40-85c 3s.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
60-80c gives you the best performance but i made a mistake and went with a low c battery im going to pickup a different one soon

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
yeah i understand that but what c rating? I was looking at some that were 1300mh that were i think 40-85c 3s.

I have the race quad power pack and I'm using 3S 2200mah 30c Turnigys. The same as I used on all my planes and I'm getting good flight times... 10 minutes or so. I'm new to flying quads so I haven't been hitting it hard yet.

If anyone can tell me how to get the BL Heli ESCs to use OneShot, that'd be great. I'm using a Naze32 FC with Cleanflight and an AR610 Receiver also. If I toggle OneShot125 on for the Naze, the ESCs won't ready. I also can't get the ESCs to go into programming mode to manually set the braking mode on. They just keep beeping to indicate max throttle has been found and never go into program mode.

Last edited:

Sicnetwrk

I have the race quad power pack and I'm using 3S 2200mah 30c Turnigys. The same as I used on all my planes and I'm getting good flight times... 10 minutes or so. I'm new to flying quads so I haven't been hitting it hard yet.

If anyone can tell me how to get the BL Heli ESCs to use OneShot, that'd be great. I'm using a Naze32 FC with Cleanflight and an AR610 Receiver also. If I toggle OneShot125 on for the Naze, the ESCs won't ready. I also can't get the ESCs to go into programming mode to manually set the braking mode on. They just keep beeping to indicate max throttle has been found and never go into program mode.

yeah i was looking into that as well and it looks like you have to use ppm but my receiver does not support that.. i have seen a video on youtube that i believe someone managed to wire it up so it would work.. have to look into that more... id really like to use oneshot as well.

Sicnetwrk

but im glad to hear that you are getting flight with your 30c because i oreder 2 of them and would hate to just ruin the battery trying to get it in the air.
ZMR 250 build.jpg ZMR 250 2.jpg ZMR 250 3.jpg

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
yeah i was looking into that as well and it looks like you have to use ppm but my receiver does not support that.. i have seen a video on youtube that i believe someone managed to wire it up so it would work.. have to look into that more... id really like to use oneshot as well.

Nice looking quad. I have had no issues with the 30C batteries and its very agile.

Thanks for the tip on PPM. I'm using the same receiver as you, so I guess no OneShot for now. I'll have to get an Orange RX eventually. I'm still learning how to fly so I won't need it right away. I have activated Mid-Low braking on the ESCs which should help stabilize flight during spindown and give me better yaw control. I started a thread to share ideas on tweaks and adjustments for the FliteTest E Power Pack.

So far I explained some issues I had getting the ESCs to go into programming mode to turn on active braking because of the throttle limit settings in Cleanflight.

Last edited: