I think I need a mentor....

I am very new to the hobby. I have a lot of questions. and as I go I find I have more and more. I would like to find someone that I can contact from time to time that I can ask my "dumb noob questions." I know that I can ask the forum when ever I want, but at the same time it would be nice to just have someone specific to talk to.

I am interested in the foam planes from flite test, and also multi copters.

If anyone wants to be my mentor I would be very grateful! :eek:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
This is true. There are "Care Bears" on these pages. FT seems to congregate new folks for the hobby and these people have all been aided by the great community here.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Ask and you shall recieve. Nobody here has a specific mentor, rather we all just ask a question we want answers to and everybody pitches in. You should be able to find ou tjust about everything through this forum.

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
We are all here. I speak for myself in saying that if you leave any visitors messages to me, I will help ASAP.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It really is the best solution to ask your questions here on the forum. Even if you think they are extremely dumb and noobish.

Why?

Because no one here bites. And you asking and getting answers will make the thread you started helpful to others who had the same question, but were afraid to ask :). So in a form, by asking you are becoming a mentor to others yourself :)

Christopher14

Driftin' with the wind...
Even the experts where noobs at one point. :) (Not that I'm an expert or anything; I crash way too often.) We are all here to help eachother out.

quadsview

Here is a good rule, "No question is dumb". You never know, a question you think is stupid might be something a lot of people wanted to know but were to afraid to ask. If only we had more people that wouldn't be afraid to ask questions. *shrinks back in the corner with a nervous expression* Me included.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Even the experts where noobs at one point. :) (Not that I'm an expert or anything; I crash way too often.) We are all here to help eachother out.

Hey, you are an expert at crashing!

I really love the saying: "There is no dumb question, just dumb answers."

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The forums are great for tons of mentors. If you're looking for more one on one mentoring, you can't beat an established rc club. In fact, that's almost the main purpose of the club I joined.

The forums are great for tons of mentors. If you're looking for more one on one mentoring, you can't beat an established rc club. In fact, that's almost the main purpose of the club I joined.

I would love to join a club, but I live in a very rural town and there aren't any clubs around me. I am still looking for others in my town who might be into RC flight, but as of yet it doesn't seem too promising...