I think RMRC sent me the wrong RX!!!!!

So about a week ago I bought my first fpv gear from Readymaderc. In my order was a 1.3ghz TX and RX. When my order arrived I opened the box and took everything out to look at it, everything looked right to me. a couple days later I go to run everything for the first time, and I am having trouble getting video. I start looking at my RX and I see stickers saying "900 SF" and "0.9GHZ". So I am lead to believe that they sent me a 900mhz RX instead of a 1.3ghz RX.

Am I mistaken, or did they make a mistake?

Maxwell

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Is it single or multi channel. I have seen 900MHz that had channel capacity up to 1.3GHz selectable via dip switch.

Thurmond

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I think that system is the updated version of the one Hobbyking sells - the receiver is able to work with both the 1.3Ghz and 900Mhz transmitters (so long as you select the right channel on the rx).

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Can you change the channels on the rx? The one you linked should have 4 channels, two of which correspond to the tx. If you can't change the channels on the rx they've definitely sent you the wrong one.

I can change the channels on the RX, I have tried channels 1 and 2 on the RX because those are the only available channels on my TX.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
It sounds like they've sent you the wrong one. Channel 1 and 2 on the rx should correspond with those on the tx. Time to test out their customer service...

Nonamerc

Arman
Yes they send you the wrong one! I have both the same transmitter and receiver from readymaderc and it does not has stickers with 0.9 GHz. Contact readymaderc I am 100% sure that they will help you out!

Are you going to use an UHF system with your 1.2 GHz fpv?

Ok, I thought it was odd how there was stickers saying "900 SF" and "0.9GHZ" on a 1.3GHz RX.

For now I'm planning on staying close to me (under 500m) and using my Spektrum 2.4GHz gear. I do plan on getting that EZuhf you suggested to me on the other from. I like how it just plugs into the trainer port on the RC TX, it seems like with all the other ones you need to do some mods to your RC TX for it to work.

Nonamerc

Arman
EZuhf is also the best UHF system on the market today. It has the best filtering and really high sensitivity!
I dont really think that even 500 meters is safe to be honest but it's your choice. Happy flying!

Choosing higher frequencies such as 1360MHz will remove some of the harmonic frequency problems! It is a bit safer but still stay under 500 meters. The antenna's are made for 1280 MHz but they are wide band so 1360 MHz should not be a problem.

Last edited:
I also want to stay within the legal range for Canada too. So I have to choose from 1258MHz or 1280MHz. I am most likely going to do a full range test, getting a friend to help and see how far I can go with the video gear running at the same time. I know that now with my Spektrum gear I can go to about 2000-2500ft, I have flown out of range above myself trying to get some good landscape shots. Luckily when that happens it falls back into range and I regain control (but my heart stops for a couple seconds :p)

I have watched some Flite Test,and some RcExplorer videos and saw what the range they were getting and I don't think I need to go any farther then that.

Here is an image of where I will be flying from:

http://maps.simcoe.ca/arcgis/rest/d...3.pdf?ID=1184F7CD-8441-4A8A-EDEA-6B32FE0A2C12

The circle shows where 350m is and I already fly well within this area to the right of the neighborhood.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Go with 1280. That way your harmonic is at 2580. I know that with 900Mhz a good low pass filter will eliminate the issue entirely, but I don't know about 1.3Ghz... I'm pretty sure your control tx doesn't go above 2500.

Nonamerc

Arman
I also want to stay within the legal range for Canada too. So I have to choose from 1258MHz or 1280MHz. I am most likely going to do a full range test, getting a friend to help and see how far I can go with the video gear running at the same time. I know that now with my Spektrum gear I can go to about 2000-2500ft, I have flown out of range above myself trying to get some good landscape shots. Luckily when that happens it falls back into range and I regain control (but my heart stops for a couple seconds :p)

I have watched some Flite Test,and some RcExplorer videos and saw what the range they were getting and I don't think I need to go any farther then that.

Here is an image of where I will be flying from:

http://maps.simcoe.ca/arcgis/rest/d...3.pdf?ID=1184F7CD-8441-4A8A-EDEA-6B32FE0A2C12

The circle shows where 350m is and I already fly well within this area to the right of the neighborhood.

There is a really big difference in flying above your self 2km and flying 2km far away! I don't think that 2000-2500 feet is realistic with the 1.2 GHz fpv and 2.4 GHz rc combo. With UHF and 1.2 GHz fpv 2500 feet is not hard at all (i have flown my EZuhf and 1.2 GHz 300mW FPV transmitter for 3km, I had to turn arround because of my small battery..)

When I get the right RX from RMRC (they still have not responded to my email), I will do an article on its range with a 2.4GHz TX and see if the low pass filter helps or not.

Nonamerc

Arman
do you have an photo of the RX? They are pretty busy so it may take about 5 days for them to respond. If you have signal it should be working because i dont think that an 900MHz receiver could work with an 1.2 Ghz VTX.

I will post some photos soon. I did get a vary vary sketchy image where I could just see some text from the settings menu that I set the camera to, But I had to hold the video TX a couple inches from the RX and hold it at an odd angle. I tried this with both the whip antennas and the Bluebeam antennas that I got as well with the same results.

Nonamerc

Arman
I will post some photos soon. I did get a vary vary sketchy image where I could just see some text from the settings menu that I set the camera to, But I had to hold the video TX a couple inches from the RX and hold it at an odd angle. I tried this with both the whip antennas and the Bluebeam antennas that I got as well with the same results.

Can you film it? It sounds like you have some problems with your camera check all the wires that come out of the camera and all the other solder joints.