I video I made about a year ago, when I started flying with the Sport Cub S, my first RC plane

FlyNico

Awesome video!!! The sport cub s was my first plane to. Oh and welcome to the forums 😃

Thank you for the friendly welcome @mach1 rc :) The Sport Cub S was how I found out about Flitetest - I was looking up what my first plane should be and Flitetest came up on YouTube (y) It's such a great way to get into flying and so much cheaper compared to R/C Cars ;) Next one will be the new FT Adventure :love:

mach1 rc

Master member
Thank you for the friendly welcome @mach1 rc :) The Sport Cub S was how I found out about Flitetest - I was looking up what my first plane should be and Flitetest came up on YouTube (y) It's such a great way to get into flying and so much cheaper compared to R/C Cars ;) Next one will be the new FT Adventure :love:
Oh yes the adventurer is awesome!!! Do you scratch build as well?

FlyNico

I just rebound mine to my TX ready for some indoor and FPV action! Mine is more tape than plane but it’s still special to me.

Awesome! Where do you fly indoors? In a gymnasium? You saying your plane is more tape than plane, reminded me of the "Jenga" Flitetest Episode :D

FlyNico

Oh yes the adventurer is awesome!!! Do you scratch build as well?

The FT guys certainly sparked my interest. I am currently playing around with Foamboard and trying to make my first, selfmade plane, inspired by Kitfox and Icon A5 :) Would love to build a FT kit, but in Austria it's so weird with FT stock - stores carry some of their kits and none of the power/electronic sets. They also try to talk me out of it, whenever I show interest in a FT set.

FDS

Elite member
I am going somewhere with a big indoor sports hall, it’s good for flying in there, I will pack a few micro quads too. I usually use the Safe mode in small spaces with an AOI camera on sometimes too.
Mine is also on its second motor. It’s a good little plane, my Tiny Trainer replaced it as my daily flier after I built that.

mach1 rc

Master member
The FT guys certainly sparked my interest. I am currently playing around with Foamboard and trying to make my first, selfmade plane, inspired by Kitfox and Icon A5 :) Would love to build a FT kit, but in Austria it's so weird with FT stock - stores carry some of their kits and none of the power/electronic sets. They also try to talk me out of it, whenever I show interest in a FT set.
@BATTLEAXE just released plans for a kit fox. It's an awesome plane!!!

FlyNico

I am going somewhere with a big indoor sports hall, it’s good for flying in there, I will pack a few micro quads too. I usually use the Safe mode in small spaces with an AOI camera on sometimes too.
Mine is also on its second motor. It’s a good little plane, my Tiny Trainer replaced it as my daily flier after I built that.

Can you recommend a good micro quad for someone who's got a bunch of experience with a Mavic Pro, but no other drones?

FDS

Elite member
If you want to stay sub 250 and fly indoors there’s lots of options, Beta65, Mobula 6, Tiny Whoop, Newbee Acrodrone. I bought a cheap Eachine 013 and used that, then when it broke I put a new main board in it.
If you want something for outside that’s registration free check out Toothpick size quads, they are under $120 and very light but fast and acrobatic. They are more fun than 5” IMO since you can fly them loads of places.

FlyNico

If you want to stay sub 250 and fly indoors there’s lots of options, Beta65, Mobula 6, Tiny Whoop, Newbee Acrodrone. I bought a cheap Eachine 013 and used that, then when it broke I put a new main board in it.
If you want something for outside that’s registration free check out Toothpick size quads, they are under $120 and very light but fast and acrobatic. They are more fun than 5” IMO since you can fly them loads of places.

Thank you for taking the time to reply :) I'll look into these. Have fun tomorrow!

FDS

Elite member
Not flying tomorrow. I will try to get a bit of footage when I get it out.
There‘s not many really awful quads around than there were, decide what you want out of it first, then check out some reviews.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I liked that video very much. Seeing an airplane shoot gaps like a quad but done line of sight must have taken more then a few packs to gather footage I am sure. Well done.

Ill toss the FT Gremlin into the mix to for super fun under 255g quads. I Still fly my OG Gremlin and have a ball with it. Since there is really no place here to tree dance that isnt someones front yard or has 6 feet of scrub brush under it I set mine up to fly INSIDE trees instead of around them.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Great vid and welcome!! I switched to planes after spending a ton on the trucks.