Solved I wanna know what the max voltage I can put on a flysky iA6B

Citabria

So I wanna hook a 3s 2200mah lipo to this receiver with 4 HS-81s, A Great Planes Rimfire .15 motor and E-flite 45amp esc. I just wanna know if I’m gonna fry something. I’m new to the hobby and still don’t know a lot.

leaded50

Legendary member
if connect the 3S battery direct to reciver, it gonna be fryed. If use the BEC connector from ESC, no problem. Reciver are mainly around 5-6v

Citabria

Also is the BEC connecter the battery wire from the esc? There is only a wire for the receiver and a battery.

leaded50

Legendary member
for a "BEC" its a 3wire connector (flat black one, similar as servo connectors) NOT batterywire.
If are only batterywires there (the two red/black) its a "opto" version, where you need an external powersource ,. or external UBEC to the reciver.
3pin_wire-1002.jpg

Last edited:

Citabria

The 3 wire connecter goes to the receiver and the ec3 (blue wire) connects to the battery. And it says linear mode bec in the title does that mean I don’t have to buy a bec? Can I just connect the battery to the blue connecter be fine? I feel like I’m asking the same question.

Attachments

• CC215518-4584-4EDF-80A1-843A0D7B5C52.jpeg
    CC215518-4584-4EDF-80A1-843A0D7B5C52.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 0

Citabria

Or I could just get a spectrum 45amp smart esc and make my life easier but I don’t know if it would work with the flysky receiver/transmitter.

Wyvez

The 3 wire connector going to the receiver serves 2 purposes. It provides power from that esc to the receiver and it also allows the receiver to send the control signal back to the esc to control the motor speed.

leaded50

Legendary member
The 3 wire connecter goes to the receiver and the ec3 (blue wire) connects to the battery. And it says linear mode bec in the title does that mean I don’t have to buy a bec? Can I just connect the battery to the blue connecter be fine? I feel like I’m asking the same question.
3 wire connector to reciver, blue connector to battery, and the three on other side of ESC to brushless motor. And youre ready to go :)