I want to build something

FastCrash45

Elite member
I've downloaded all the available tiled plans for every Flite Test plane. The speed build kits I don't or can't buy will be ready for bad weather days to build. Currently building a 75% Bloody Wonder so I can use my 1806 on it. The possibilities are endless just pick one that tickles your fancy at that moment and do it. Just have fun.

Trains1213_YT

I've downloaded all the available tiled plans for every Flite Test plane. The speed build kits I don't or can't buy will be ready for bad weather days to build. Currently building a 75% Bloody Wonder so I can use my 1806 on it. The possibilities are endless just pick one that tickles your fancy at that moment and do it. Just have fun.
Idk how to use the plans (yes I am an idiot.)

FastCrash45

Elite member
Idk how to use the plans (yes I am an idiot.)
You're NOT an idiot, you just haven't been exposed to the idea is all. You print out the plans which are well marked and tape them together. Transfer them to posterboard for templates, then traces around them on your foam board and cut them out. All the score lines, cut lines, and ALL your A,B,and C folds are all labeled on the printouts. It all looks just like what comes in a speed build kit you just have to transfer them to the foam yourself. They are pretty self explanatory with all the keys and what needs to be done printed right on the plans. It takes time and patience but I know once you study them a bit you'll figure it out in no time.

Theuglycamel

Download the Tiled plans (you can find the plans under the "resources" tab for any FT Model. Don't try to print the plans from your web browser. Open the downloaded plans with Adobe Reader https://get.adobe.com/reader/ and print "actual size". Color prints will help dramatically as the type of cuts are referenced by color. I've built several sparrows and simple scouts without a speed build kit, but I wouldn't try any of the larger models for the first time without one.

Trains1213_YT

You're NOT an idiot, you just haven't been exposed to the idea is all. You print out the plans which are well marked and tape them together. Transfer them to posterboard for templates, then traces around them on your foam board and cut them out. All the score lines, cut lines, and ALL your A,B,and C folds are all labeled on the printouts. It all looks just like what comes in a speed build kit you just have to transfer them to the foam yourself. They are pretty self explanatory with all the keys and what needs to be done printed right on the plans. It takes time and patience but I know once you study them a bit you'll figure it out in no time.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Trains1213_YT

Download the Tiled plans (you can find the plans under the "resources" tab for any FT Model. Don't try to print the plans from your web browser. Open the downloaded plans with Adobe Reader https://get.adobe.com/reader/ and print "actual size". Color prints will help dramatically as the type of cuts are referenced by color. I've built several sparrows and simple scouts without a speed build kit, but I wouldn't try any of the larger models for the first time without one.
Do you know how many sheets they said the ez glider is?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
And I have no ideas any suggestions?
You choice to take the leap and scratch build is admirable. Unfortunately you do not state what your current experience level or piloting skill is and therefore I will make suggestions based upon the assumption that you have never flown RC aircraft before.

I would recommend the Mini series namely the mini scout as a first build attempt. You do not need to cut out the scallops in the rear of the wing and tail as this is just extra work for no added benefit. As a secondary build I would recommend the Mini Tiny Trainer which uses the same Motor etc and the mini scout.

Your experience working with plans is also not known so I would suggest that you download the full size plans and print them in Acrobat using a scale of 100% with tiling selected in the print options. Just tape the plans together carefully and then you are ready to place the plans on the FB and start cutting out.

Just supply a little more info on your skills if any and regardless of what you chose to build please start your own thread on the build so that others can provide assistance if you have problems and so that those with less skill than you can see how you progress and what you learn!

Have fun!