I watch FliteTest because it's a great show. I watch FindingBigfoot, because it's not

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can't be the only one that tortures themselves by watching the show on Animal Planet, Finding Bigfoot, can I?

This show is horrible for more reasons than I can list... but I'll try anyways.

You're welcome to help.

1) They state opinions as facts. "Bigfoot loves snickers, it's their favorite candy." Really? There's market research to show this? Are they tracking bigfoot's credit card purchases?

2) Everywhere they go, they "find" Bigfoot. Really, they do. Not an episode goes by, that they don't hear bigfoot just out of range, or get a red splotch on their thermal imaging cameras, that must be bigfoot.

3) Every witness is telling the truth, and couldn't have been mistaken. "Oh, you saw a shadowy figure, 200 feet off the side of the road, at midnight, from the corner of your eye, while driving at 50 mph? That must have been a bigfoot!"

4) Bigfoots (yes, not bigfeet) use "wood knocking" to communicate and determine each others' location. So, anytime you are in the woods and hear wood knocking together, it is a bigfoot. Send one lone team member to walk toward the 8-10 foot primate with the strength of 10 men. (earthsciteach)

5)

earthsciteach

4) Bigfoots (yes, not bigfeet) use "wood knocking" to communicate and determine each others' location. So, anytime you are in the woods and hear wood knocking together, it is a bigfoot. Send one lone team member to walk toward the 8-10 foot primate with the strength of 10 men.

Why don't they send Turtleman to find one?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can't add that one Brian, because they haven't had that in an episode (yet...) :D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Another joke aspect about the show is this...

They show up in town, and hold a public meeting. "Hi guys, we're looking for bigfoot, we'll be in these locations, on these nights."

Then when the local kids come out to prank the show, they believe every yell, and tree knock is a "real bigfoot"!

Klonas

I haven't seen this show but in their website they have a map of locations where Bigfoot was seen. Obviously the quality is very blurred and you can't see anything(as always). They also let viewers choose if that is an actual footage of a bigfoot. The answer "No" dominates... Except for one video.
A guy driving ATV in water. Briston, VA.
This video has 51 percent of votes that you can see a bigfoot in it. Well I agree, the guy driving the ATV is quite big but calling him a bigfoot...?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Is that a show about finding big foots?! I think it seems KINDA interesting to me, someone not knowing much about the show at all, to see how they try to find informations abot big foots.

Obviously in Germany...not available

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I also haven't seen it, but from the previews it looks like another show, on history channel....both are obviously fake....they never capture it, and when they actually see "bigfoot", the camera is shaky, so nobody can see "bigfoot" clearly.

earthsciteach

Ok, lets be real here. FlyingMonkey is a park ranger in Florida. The fact that he is making these facetious comments actually gives proof of the existence of the skunk ape. He is obviously part of a government conspiracy to hide the fact these ape-like creatures do exist. His screen name-FlyingMONKEY... Coincidence? I think not!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Maybe it's the primate in me that bristles at the poor portrayal the Bigfoot show guys give sasquatch. First of, really, squatch? "There's a squatch in these woods" is a stupid phrase. I think less of the moneymaker idiot every time I hear it.

Second, they blame bigfoot for everything. Bird feeder post is bent over and the feeder is busted... it had to be bigfoot? Maybe it was just a really fat bird, ever think of that?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I also haven't seen it, but from the previews it looks like another show, on history channel....both are obviously fake....they never capture it, and when they actually see "bigfoot", the camera is shaky, so nobody can see "bigfoot" clearly.

They never capture it, but they always "find" it. There's not an episode that has been aired, a location inspected, that they don't insist they heard a bigfoot in the area.

earthsciteach

"Second, they blame bigfoot for everything. Bird feeder post is bent over and the feeder is busted... it had to be bigfoot? Maybe it was just a really fat bird, ever think of that?"

Well, on the show they did "prove" that it would take someone with opposable thumbs to bend the bird feeder. What is his name? Bobo? Or was that the poor baboon they dragged out into the woods in a tiny cage and carried on making it freak out?

And don't forget about the bent copper fence cap! Only a sasquatch (squatch to the experts in the field) could bend a thin, copper fence cap!

While we are discussing the merits of the show, lets not forget those totally pointless cartoon bubbles that pop up and add absolutely nothing of value.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Those VH1 style balloons are new. Unfortunately the type is too small to read. From the comments I did get to see, they were somewhat amusing.

Another fun aspect of the show, is all the off camera controversy. Things like where the hosts admit that the show is edited to make it look like they're "finding" bigfoot, even when they're not. Or in the case of the GA episode, the "bigfoot" running across the road was found to be a prank, before they filmed, yet they shot that segment anyways, with no mentioned of the sheriff busting the kids responsible.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I've watched it several times, and I can't say I see the thing move. Earthsciteach might be correct.

I'll hook the laptop to the big tv later if I think about it, and watch it again.

teflyer

Full Circle
Honestly, I do not see anything. All I see are trees. Am I supposed to see something? If so, can someone point it out to me besides the time numbers.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Concrete Evidence

I think this video answers the age old question...... Does a Bigfoot squatch in the woods?

In the thicket at the edge of the forest @ 1:37, you can clearly see some squatch scat with peanuts, and presumably nougat in it. Or as it's known in the Bigfoot hunter community "snickerdoodle".

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I think that the ability to see big-foot or traces therein in those videos is highly dependent upon certain herbs that render the whites of the eyes a very red color and usually cause fits of extreme junk food lusting. ;)

Thurmond