i86 multirotor controller

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I would guess they have one fixed firmware - which you can't upgrade. But the only place I'd use a hot firmware swap would be between a + quad and an x quad.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
It has an AVR ISP port so I bet It can be re-flashed. Possibly not by current popular utilities though.

Thurmond

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I would guess they have one fixed firmware - which you can't upgrade. But the only place I'd use a hot firmware swap would be between a + quad and an x quad.

Changing between flight modes can be achieved by simply toggling one of the four DIP switches, no PC interface needed!

I received my i86L yesterday, and this thing seems super simple! I only glanced at the manual, strapped it to my 350mm quad, did the quick calibrations for Stick Center, ESC Throttle Range (again with the flip of a couple of switches), and without adjustments to any of the three gain POTs it flew like a dream.

I was able to flip, roll, and loop right out of the gate, so the acrobatic potential for this thing after some fine tuning of the Gyros, should suit my needs just fine.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Changing between flight modes can be achieved by simply toggling one of the four DIP switches, no PC interface needed!

I meant for upgraded firmware packs - Say a new pack with more acrobatic control, or a new algorithm that makes it more stable.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Can the i86 run more than 6 esc's? Would it work to y harnesses together and run 8 on a 4 setup or 12 on a 6 setup? I think an H8 like a Y6 would be awesome.

oagh

no I dont think it would work , the esc would not match on output . 6 or less esc well work fine .

capkill

i think this board is super for beginners. I bought a V 3.0 KK board from HK for my first quad and found that it was a pain in the a.. to set up, i also bought a i86 board and with those dip-switches it was in the air after 2 hours. And it still preform great.