I'd like to see a flying pig.

RickN

I guess that ages me a bit, but I'd love to fly around a big old pink pig. I'm sure it would still need wings and a tail, like a flying toaster I saw somewhere.
But I'd fly it.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
As an added bonus, if you build it out of pink insulation foam you won't have to paint it.

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
As an added bonus, if you build it out of pink insulation foam you won't have to paint it.
that's true, then put a soumd system that goes "oink oink oink" fast, now the tail, howmto make a curly rudder, one have a total rudder, meaning no fin, just rudder (like the stabilator on the kinetic 800)

There was an inflated pink pig strapped to a tricopter at FliteFest 2016. Oh, and the pig had LEDs inside so it glowed in the dark. Pretty fun. :)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
how about a cow? go back to the early ft videos. i want to build one bc technically its the first ft design. flying cowbell plane named the mad cow.

A Kamai

When Pigs Fly

I agree. This could be a bit like the toaster challenge. In the true spirit of all things FT, the Flying Pig challenge could work something like this:
1) The participants each have to agree to do something they wouldn't normally do "When pigs fly"
2) The flying machines should look very unlikely to fly, and more at home in a puddle of mud.
3) Extra points for wacky originality.

I can picture the FT crew having a lot of fun with this idea!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I agree. This could be a bit like the toaster challenge. In the true spirit of all things FT, the Flying Pig challenge could work something like this:
1) The participants each have to agree to do something they wouldn't normally do "When pigs fly"
2) The flying machines should look very unlikely to fly, and more at home in a puddle of mud.
3) Extra points for wacky originality.

I can picture the FT crew having a lot of fun with this idea!

yes! who is going to make the challenge thread?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
My thought was a galloping pig with an Airscrew tail, and has ornithopter flapping wings

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
My thought was a galloping pig with an Airscrew tail, and has ornithopter flapping wings

Dick Dastardly

I guess you could go see a Roger Waters concert. He usually has a pig flying around the arena.

Years ago I saw an episode of Mythbusters or the like where they were making all sorts of seemingly unflyable shaped objects fly RC. Many were quite unstable but flew nonetheless. For some of you experts, a foam pig should be relatively easy. Easier than a toaster anyway. I can picture a more aerodynamic pig, maybe with wigs shaped like BBQ ribs.

Last edited: