See the first post and submit your vote

• Will work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could work

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Waste of time

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
While I'm waiting for my parts to come from HK I had an idea about how to make the yaw mech a little crash resistant and I wanted to run an idea past you guys to see what you think.
This is just a mock up using a couple of large popsicle sticks (I think thats how you guys say it ;) ),springs and a bolt for the pivot. Theres some flex in it and its dragging quite a bit but its just so I can see it for real and give you an idea of what I'm thinking. The actual yaw mech would use a stainless steel rod, bearings...

Its basically a modified version of David Windestål's V1 yaw mech
tricopter15.jpg

So, here is my version
Yaw Mech.jpg

And here is a quick video of it kinda working.

So, what do you guys think? Is it a good idea or just too much effort and better to go with the normal direct connect or pushrod idea?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I must be missing something. It doesn't appear to rotate in the correct axis for Tricopter yaw. :confused:

Thurmond

rcbif

What you made right there is an over-sized "servo saver". They should make them for micro servos, but not planes - micro r/c cars.

I'm gonna have to say it's a bad idea though. Too much slop, and controls would feel very spongy under hard yaw moments. And then it might even waggle the tail too.

I'd say put your effort into the rcexplorer 2.5 yaw mechanism, and flying skills. I've only managed to break my tricopters tail servo once in about 60 flights.

What you made right there is an over-sized "servo saver". They should make them for micro servos, but not planes - micro r/c cars.

I'm gonna have to say it's a bad idea though. Too much slop, and controls would feel very spongy under hard yaw moments. And then it might even waggle the tail too.

I'd say put your effort into the rcexplorer 2.5 yaw mechanism, and flying skills. I've only managed to break my tricopters tail servo once in about 60 flights.

Thats kinda the idea. Isnt it the servos that people keep breaking? Or have I not done enough research and I'm missing something?

I have other springs that are tighter that would pretty much eliminate the slop and spongyness. There would be just enough give to stop the servo from being mashed up when I crash. Because its gonna happen :D This was just a mock up of an idea.
It is just an idea though and I am willing to listen to everyones opinion :D

glydr

How many letters do we ge
+1

Sorry but for any tri this is a fail waiting to happen. You need a smooth, nil slop mechanism.

Brilliant for a tail wheel connection though!

G