Idea for the store

Liemavick

Mentor
From what I've gathered you guys are relying on your fans to keep things moving along. I have a suggestion for the store. Since you have the connections how about putting a motor,ESC, prop, battery, etc.. together in a package deal so us guys starting out can buy with confidence what we need for the quick build kits.. I dont have to tell you what a pain it is trying to locate all the parts to make our dreams fly. Who knows you may even be able to work some kind of consignment deal with a sponsor so there is no money outlay for flitetest. One stop shopping would be awesome, and not having to deal with out of stock, wrong items, and shopping four different online stores hoping you didnt forget anything.

Thanks for listening,
Brian

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
That would require a lot of overhead. Maybe create a master build parts list with links to different vendors or each part. Like link to hobby king, hobbypartz, Grayson hobby. That would work better for me

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
All the electronics required are linked on the website. Perhaps they could be included on the speed build store listing? I can see why FT don't sell the stuff... They are avoiding brand association, which is part of the reason for going independent in the first place.

Liemavick

Mentor
The list on the builds are nicely linked up for the major components. The problem I ran into was back order or out of stock. It took me 3 days to find the recommended RD prop for my current build. Some may enjoy the hunt, it was a pain in the rump for me. I ordered what I could from the sponsors, but spent another $250 at a shop that's not a sponsor. I've got 3 separate orders coming from 3 separate shops, maybe this is the norm?

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, they're probably on backorder because everyone's buying them for their speedbuild kits!

It is common that really popular stuff, like HXT900 servos, blue wonder 24g motors, DT750 motors and Turnigy Plush ESCs are on backorder because of their popularity, partly due to Flitetest and Dave W. I guess it must be a pain that you have to look elsewhere, but there is a huge range of substitutes for what's listed on the website that only require a little logic to figure out.

Bolvon72

Mentor
It would be nice to see a Flite Test branded setup to fit the swappables that could be ordered along with them, but could you imagine these poor guys trying to keep things in stock? I would rather spend my money here than elsewhere though. I have a feeling as the store expands they will come across a manufacturer that will let them brand a few things.