If you're flying a taildragger, don't do this!

Chuppster

First, the video:

As you can see, I was giving it up elevator when I shouldn't have. The airplane had so much acceleration and lift it really surprised me when it took off so quickly.

Once I half way recovered from the stall, I made the fatal mistake of giving it more throttle. I remember telling my brain to gently ease up but the torque roll was vicious nonetheless. I haven't given up though, it will be repaired!

Arcfyre

Elite member
Ouch. That's a lot of hours of printing turned into some mighty small pieces. How bad was the damage?

Chuppster

Ouch. That's a lot of hours of printing turned into some mighty small pieces. How bad was the damage?

The main wing just needs re-glued. I'm going to have to replace everything on the fuse from the forward cockpit up. So, all in all, it's not as bad as it would have been if I hadn't leveled the wings, that's for sure.

Chuppster

IMG_20180914_201054413.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey at least yours got off the ground. Mine just rolled around thinking it was a race car and wouldnt rotate.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You are correct

I managed to get it in the air after lowering the tail and raising the nose by bending the gear a bit.

I do think the gear is a tad too far forward keeping the tail from popping up at speed.

I need to redo the gear with stronger wire so I will shift it back a touch when I make the change.

I have a thread for it to track progress so we can chat more there so we don't take this thread off track.