• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

iFly4Fun - New Member

Hello, I fly just for fun, not a racer, not aerial photography, just fun for me. I have been flying the 65mm "Tiny Whoop" class drones. Mine are of the "Toy" classification as I fly mostly inside. I have watched numerous YouTube videos for upgrading. Although I have done most of the standard modifications (batteries, motors, props), I don't buy the expensive flight controller boards and I don't have a costly radio transmitter (remote controller). What I fly inside is either stock or have only minor upgrades. On the other hand, I have done some "frame kit" builds that include everything but the flight controller board. I just use a board from one of my toy quads (mostly Eachine E013, E010, and Furibee F36). I also build my own canopies and antenna guards. I am looking for a place to learn more and share information. iFly4Fun

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Cool. Be welcome. Everybody here flies for fun as well. Though most of fly fixed wing, you will find many that fly quads as well. I, myself got into fixed wing because I enjoyed the toy quad experience so much. I am glad you are here.

Thanks to everyone. As I learn and expand, no telling where this will go. Buzzbomb, we have an RC airstrip where I live, so eventually moving in that direction might be an option for me. The little quads are great inside since they do not tear up anything when I crash. Since I do a lot of experimenting, I am always glad to share what I learn.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Thanks to everyone. As I learn and expand, no telling where this will go. Buzzbomb, we have an RC airstrip where I live, so eventually moving in that direction might be an option for me. The little quads are great inside since they do not tear up anything when I crash. Since I do a lot of experimenting, I am always glad to share what I learn.
That is the exact attitude. Fly. Play. Learn. Explore. Share. Learn some more. Maybe crash a bit, and learn from it and then do more of the same. Yep. You'll fit right in here, in this family!
I would even bet money that you expected what I'm about to write: Build. Fly. Crash. Repeat. and Enjoy!