Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
This is not my first experience with larger airplane. Last year at Flite Fest I built and flew a 10ft wingspan lancaster bomber with 4 b-pack motors and recently finished building an 8ft wingspan fpv glider twin engine. Both of these plans flew great and I know I can make a 300% version of this plane.

oh thats big. i think a pietenpol would be great though. it would be a great tribute to Josh.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You see Dan asking for the free plans in the comments on the indiegogo page lol. hes the one that makes the plans fyi

I was totally messing with people with that comment. It was intended as a joke, because people always ask for the free plans. I wasn't even referring to the Founder's Edition Airplane plans when I wrote it. I meant plans for Edgewater Airpark, as a joke. My sense of humor might be slightly askew. :black_eyed:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Does anybody know how I can get my hands on the plans for the Flite Test Founders airplane. It's one of the perks for the indigo-go donations but the price is a bit high and I just want the plans, not the kit or any of the other perks. I want to use the plans to make a 300% version using 6 motors and fly it at Flite Fest. I want to make a flag ship out of it really to help kind of advertise their indigo-go campaign. If Anybody knows how I can get my hands on a set of plans please reply.

Here is the direct quote from the Idiegogo page:

"The Founder's Edition Airplane kit is a single engine OR twin engine aircraft! This design will be available to Founder's only until our first Flite Fest event this year where it will also go on sale to attendees. Until then, you can get the kit at a great price and know that when you build and fly this plane you supported an incredible cause!"

The KIT will be available for sale during the first Flite Fest event of 2018 (currently Flite Fest Ohio, July 12-15). Even I do not know if the plans and build video will ever be made public. But, they certainly won't be before Flite Fest.

I like your idea, and I can see where you are coming from. However, I think the majority of your target audience (Flite Fest attendees) will already have known about and/or contributed to the crowd funding campaign by then. Still, I think it's a good idea. I would suggest, as others here already have, that you choose one of the existing iconic FT planes to super-size for promoting the campaign. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I was totally messing with people with that comment. It was intended as a joke, because people always ask for the free plans. I wasn't even referring to the Founder's Edition Airplane plans when I wrote it. I meant plans for Edgewater Airpark, as a joke. My sense of humor might be slightly askew. :black_eyed:

lol that is funny.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Yeah, sorry. I'm gonna have to side with Psy on this one. If you want it, put up the money, make your plans. There's a reason they've made that available to the founders, or eyeball it, and guess as to what the dimensions are.

I get that you want to be able to build this up as a flagship for a Flite Fest event, but this is also something that's supposed to be special for the founders. They sink a bunch of money in, and it's an exclusive for them until FT decides to release it publicly. It's their collector's item.

sprzout

Mentor

Dan, if you got a copy of those plans, I'd love to see those too. I can just see looking over them and going, "Hey, we need to change this - they need more power to push the charging stations out here along the pit area!" or "What??? Why don't we have solar panels??? We could use them for field charging, and - wait a sec, if we put a group of them here, we can generate a thermal lift area for all of the sailplanes!"

:D:D:D

(Ok, I don't know if we could REALLY generate a manmade thermal area from a group of solar panels, but I'd highly suggest them for field charging, since all of the fields I've been to in San Diego have them!)

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Dan, if you got a copy of those plans, I'd love to see those too. I can just see looking over them and going, "Hey, we need to change this - they need more power to push the charging stations out here along the pit area!" or "What??? Why don't we have solar panels??? We could use them for field charging, and - wait a sec, if we put a group of them here, we can generate a thermal lift area for all of the sailplanes!"

:D:D:D

(Ok, I don't know if we could REALLY generate a manmade thermal area from a group of solar panels, but I'd highly suggest them for field charging, since all of the fields I've been to in San Diego have them!)

well solar panels are black so..... it would create some warm air and lift.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Well we know what it is now, It is a telemaster that can be set up in a 1,2, or 3 motor configuration. It has a working airfoil on the tail and will have some new type of landing gear. I'm guessing some sort of thin flexible metal sheet cut and bent into shape, with some giant tires. I wonder if anyone could just make a FB telemaster?

sprzout

Mentor
well solar panels are black so..... it would create some warm air and lift.

You may be right, but I don't know if it would generate enough warm air to cause lift...science experiment to be performed now; I know of a solar panel array just a few mi. south of my flying field! I'm sure I could get the owners to let me test it if I'm flying a foam plane over it...maybe...

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
watch the last vlog they talk about all the stuff thats going in it. Off the top of my head, the stuff above, and the launch release backpack thing. Also a fpv pod that fits in the nose when in dual motor setup.

docque

watch the last vlog they talk about all the stuff thats going in it. Off the top of my head, the stuff above, and the launch release backpack thing. Also a fpv pod that fits in the nose when in dual motor setup.

Don't forget that he did mentioned a three motor version also.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its the twin motor with nose mounted FPV that has my attention hehe. Might go that route should I eve be able to properly fly a plank.

Steve Fox

Lastly that whole "I'm poor" thing will never fly with me. Saying your poor as an excuse to get a toy gets no traction when others are still going hungry in this world.

To say that is arrogant and insulting to both people on low incomes in well off countrys and to the people starving in other parts of the world.

do you even know why people are starving?

With the exception of a couple of poor country's that have suffered massive natural disasters, 99% of the starving people are in that situation because of corrupt governments.

The world gives handouts to the victims that are starving and the corrupt officials just carry on with there lavish lifestyles.

the real solution is not to provide aid to the starving people but to remove the corrupt governments by force then give the people on the ground the resources they need to re build there country. thats what they need and what they want but the world is gutless and instead just fuels the problem by subsidizing the corrupt rich people who pray on the people iof there country.

trying to put a reference of these people in to compare against someone who cannot afford to buy something in the states or any other reasonably well off country is plain wrong.

of course someone can be in a position where they cant afford something, just because they are not starving does not change that, i cannot afford to buy it but im not starving, so i must be lying right?

you need to think before you open your mouth and make comments about others.
what you said was the same my own mother would say to me and my siblings if we were hungry when we were kids, yet we were skinny and my mum is fat.

from experience, those who throw comments like that around are actually hypocrites who have criticism for others whilst theirs an exception for them.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
To say that is arrogant and insulting to both people on low incomes in well off countrys and to the people starving in other parts of the world.

do you even know why people are starving?

With the exception of a couple of poor country's that have suffered massive natural disasters, 99% of the starving people are in that situation because of corrupt governments.

The world gives handouts to the victims that are starving and the corrupt officials just carry on with there lavish lifestyles.

the real solution is not to provide aid to the starving people but to remove the corrupt governments by force then give the people on the ground the resources they need to re build there country. thats what they need and what they want but the world is gutless and instead just fuels the problem by subsidizing the corrupt rich people who pray on the people iof there country.

trying to put a reference of these people in to compare against someone who cannot afford to buy something in the states or any other reasonably well off country is plain wrong.

of course someone can be in a position where they cant afford something, just because they are not starving does not change that, i cannot afford to buy it but im not starving, so i must be lying right?

you need to think before you open your mouth and make comments about others.
what you said was the same my own mother would say to me and my siblings if we were hungry when we were kids, yet we were skinny and my mum is fat.

from experience, those who throw comments like that around are actually hypocrites who have criticism for others whilst theirs an exception for them.

UMMMMMM......

First off, let's not get into politics. I don't know about the other folks here but I'm gonna stick to RC related stuff and complaining about school.

Second, just wanted to point out, i think you quoted the wrong message. Psyborg was making the same point as you, that not being able to buy an airplane with your current funds does not make you poor and you are most certainly NOT the most needy person in the world that deserves free airplane plans.

oh and also, based on what they (flitetest) have said about this so far, i find it reasonable to assume that they will release plans and a build video shortly after flite fest ohio.

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Folks, I would like to kindly remind all to avoid personal attacks. if you have a point, make it. Argue the issue with gusto, walk away not agreeing and all is fine. Friends can disagree on issues, but personal attacks make enemies, not friends.

Openly debate the issues of the day (Spektrum v. Taranis, AMA v. FAA, FFO v. FFT), but make it personal and we ruin this happy corner of the internet we have.

and so . . . carry on . . .

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Openly debate the issues of the day (Spektrum v. Taranis, AMA v. FAA, FFO v. FFT), but make it personal and we ruin this happy corner of the internet we have.

FFO v FFT?

Are you dropping down on Fast Fourier Orthogonalization vs. Fast Fourier Transform :confused:

I tried to look it up here http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.451.9710&rep=rep1&type=pdf to see why you were wrong, and it made my brain cry.

Bringing maths into this is not fair play man. Not fair play at all.

:p