Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
#BOOM:

nerd_sniping.png

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I think most of the aggro you have been getting on this thread is based on the fact that most of us that are here int he forums are long time hard core fans of flitetest. Probably most all of us have donated our own money to the indiegogo and want it to succeed. So your initial post came off as wanting something for free that is supposed to fund something we love. Please dont take this thread as a indication of how things normally go in here.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
If this many people have an issue with this idea I'll just wait until next year to do it.

No reason you can't do just a bit more research and come up with your own version of a foamboard telemaster.

Doesn't get much more in the spirit of Flitetest than to design your own foamboard plane. The telemaster would be a pretty ideal first subject as well.

hotwax

Hello everybody,

maybe you can remember my FB Flitestick of 2013 vintage, a Foamboard version of the Das Ugly Stik by Phil Kraft, an american designer. Now Josh Bixler is doing a Telemaster by Karl - Heinz Denzin, a german desgner. How crazy is this.

If you want something to play with soon, I startet designing a SIG Rascal lookalike based on the dimentions of the FT Simple Strorch. This should be an easy build and a vivid flyer and has quite similar dimentions as the Telemaster. As allways I will provide free plans.

Would this be an alternative?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Hello everybody,

maybe you can remember my FB Flitestick of 2013 vintage, a Foamboard version of the Das Ugly Stik by Phil Kraft, an american designer. Now Josh Bixler is doing a Telemaster by Karl - Heinz Denzin, a german desgner. How crazy is this.

If you want something to play with soon, I startet designing a SIG Rascal lookalike based on the dimentions of the FT Simple Strorch. This should be an easy build and a vivid flyer and has quite similar dimentions as the Telemaster. As allways I will provide free plans.

Would this be an alternative?

wow you joined in 2012!!! congratulations on your amazingness!

PhatPastor

Here’s an idea?

Does anybody know how I can get my hands on the plans for the Flite Test Founders airplane. It's one of the perks for the indigo-go donations but the price is a bit high and I just want the plans, not the kit or any of the other perks. I want to use the plans to make a 300% version using 6 motors and fly it at Flite Fest. I want to make a flag ship out of it really to help kind of advertise their indigo-go campaign. If Anybody knows how I can get my hands on a set of plans please reply.

Maybe a few of you guys could come together as a “flite group” here on the forum... pool the funds together and buy that perk... build your planes and support the effort!!! Everyone wins!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Maybe a few of you guys could come together as a “flite group” here on the forum... pool the funds together and buy that perk... build your planes and support the effort!!! Everyone wins!

i do not think they include plans as part of the perk. just a speed build kit and the other perks.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
All will be revealed. I expect that you will see these plans released soon after Flite Fest East. That is essentially what they said.

RMDC

Bixler confirmed in a reply in YT comments that the plans will be released after FF. Pretty sure it was Bixler on his own account; could have been Stefan on the FT account, I guess.

... Of course, now that I'm looking for it, I can't find the comment. Maybe that's going to be walked back. I can find a comment from Balu confirming that he saw the same thing I did, at least.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The kit will be available for sale at Flite Fest Ohio, and the free plans will be released sometime after July 15th. I would imagine there will also be a release/build video available at the time the free plans are released and that the kit will also go up for sale on the Flite Test store.

If you want to be able to have access to this kit/plans before then, you will need to support Flite Test through the Indiegogo crowd funding campaign for the future home of Flite Test. They still need to raise money to reach the stretch goals, which are the ones geared more toward this great community. Please consider backing them if you haven't already. Thank you.

Flite Test - World of Flight

hotwax

Hello everybody,

I strongly believe there is a need for a bigger end of winter or spring project. As promised above, I will support you drawing plans for the FB Elyptic. It will have 1450 mm span and will be an easy flyer. You may add attachments as skies, bomb drops , piggybacks or towhooks.

Here is a picture, what I made today:

FB Elyptic.jpg

When everything works as planned, I will make an article featuring the build.

Tomorow I will finsh the drawing, so that you can start your own build. If you go to Flitefest, you can meet up with your "Forum Community Plane 2018".

I will report my build in an extra post.

Stay tuned

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey guys,

Just so you can hear it from the horses mouth again to make sure everyone knows...

Founders plane 110% will be available at FF Ohio for attendees and then released to the general public with free plans etc after the event ;)

Blessings,
Stefan