IL-2M3 Sturmovik Build Log

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Flight #2 for the IL2-M3, all great again other then a little rougher landing the broke the landing gear off but a simple fix with some hot glue. ;)

Somehow I missed this video. Beautiful flight! She seemed really stable considering the wind conditions and you managed to bring her home without a nose-in (Which is my normal way of landing). Oh, I was right: She DID look spectacular in the air!

Looking at the Desert Camo scheme you posted later on. I agree with everyone else. It seriously works on that bird!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Somehow I missed this video. Beautiful flight! She seemed really stable considering the wind conditions and you managed to bring her home without a nose-in (Which is my normal way of landing). Oh, I was right: She DID look spectacular in the air!

Looking at the Desert Camo scheme you posted later on. I agree with everyone else. It seriously works on that bird!
Very stable right out of the box and that doesn't happen often for me. Landings, I always seem to over correct right at the last minute and flare it up and then of course pancake it. :D

Wildthing

Legendary member
After the combat wars one single flight with the IL2 M3 , really liking how this guy flies I am even doing inverted with it and it seems really stable even upside down.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Just to let you people know that if you are interested in any of my plans just ask. Mine are from professional so no swearing allowed. I don't have any build instructions but I do take build photos as I go along and can always help you out that way. Could even start a thread on it and post that way.
Hi @Wildthing! I just covered the history of the plane in the soon-to-come-out ARCN podcast. Do you have any plans for this great model you designed and built here? I would love to point folks to it if they wish to build one. If nothing else - I would like to build one. I imagine someone (me) building a cluster bomb drop using snap pops one box to a pod.
1640281060655.png

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hi @Wildthing! I just covered the history of the plane in the soon-to-come-out ARCN podcast. Do you have any plans for this great model you designed and built here? I would love to point folks to it if they wish to build one. If nothing else - I would like to build one. I imagine someone (me) building a cluster bomb drop using snap pops one box to a pod.
View attachment 214261
I do have plans but they are for 6mm foam plus the method of "score & fold"