Illinois Flying Club

lorencv

Is there anyone out there in Illinois (Near Frankfort) that is friendly and wants to get together and fly?

Vince

bgfireguy92

hey buddy just found your thread. Don't know if youre still on here but Im near Kankakee if you ever wanna try to get together to fly.

lorencv

Hey, thanks for finding this. It gets lonely out there. Hit me up with a text. 815.530.0891 or a call. I have the Bloody Wonder ready to go, and a Versa Wing that I am deathly afraid to fly. I was flying the FT Flyer wich was a lot of fun. Even put my iPhone on it. I purchased a couple of more powerful motors and am ready to go. Let me know.

Thanks,

Vince
Frankfort, IL

wacoflyer

WacoFlyer
Hi lorencv - I'm not too far away in Elmhurst, IL if you are still in the area. I usually fly up north in Rolling Meadows but I have heard of a few sites down near you. Maybe there are a few Chcicago FT fans that would like to get together when the weather gets better.

lorencv

Yea, definately. I have someone in Kankakee that wants to get together as well. I have contacted some of the official fields around me and they are not too friendly. So, it would be better to just find some open area and do it there.

Vince

bgfireguy92

Hey not Kankakee but close. Well why don't we do something by you this time Vince then next by Waco then by me? That way we get to see other flying places and no one is having to travel real far every time we want to fly together?

coolrazor

Hey guys, I'm new to the Chicago area and would love to connect with some FT pilots. In all honesty, I'm a total newbie. Would love to learn from you guys if you're down for that. I'm moving to the West Loop area this week from San Diego, CA! My work is relocating me.

bgfireguy92

Hey guys so now that Flite Fest is done I'm thinking we should try to get together. Was thinking about next Saturday the 25th for all us Chicagoland FT flyers to get together. Is any one else open to that? And depending on who is able to show up we'll figure out a halfway point between us all to fly.

bgfireguy92

Ok guys I'm going to go fly in tinley park Saturday and bonus watch some 250 quad racing. So meeting up at the Tinley Creek Model Airplane flying field at 930ish fly and watch races. PM me if you wanna join us. Hope to see some of you there.

skryking

Crash Expert
I'm new to the forums...been flying for a while though... I live out in Plainfield. There are a couple of flying clubs around here.