I'm a Shark!

Kmac31

I still need to add control surfaces the whole thing was a great learning experience. I'd like to airbrush it and make it look good but I have been dragging my feet

Attachments

• 20200115_200430.jpg
    20200115_200430.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I sliced the nose of it and went through the preview and all the lines look good and couldn't see any unwanted parts. I imported their print settings to use, One thing I did notice is when I switched to their print settings from the previous setting a few settings followed through too, easy to find because they all had the refresh tab beside them. Couple other things to print first but later I will give it a go and see how it comes out.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I printed 3 with different settings. Last one came out great but weighs 2.6 ounces. maybe when yours is done you can tell me what it weighs in at? I did one at .4 wall thickness then one at .8. Thinking of trying .6 next just to compare.
Did you try printing their supplied G-code?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I’m not exactly sure what is the extra part, but if it’s the sort of Diagonal part in the bottom left-hand corner the part that looks like it might be attached to the center brace then I’m guessing that’s not a part it’s oozing from the nozzle or stringing. so you might want to check your retract settings I wouldn’t go too far though you get above about 5 mm on an ender and you’ll have trouble did you upgrade your Bowden tube, Or is the tube blue or white?
It's got a new (pre-assembled) hot end with a Carpricorn Bowden tube and upgraded pressure fittings.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Printed and looks pretty good. I don't really have any stringers I just have more of what I call hair and a little pass by with a torch and they are gone.

Only a couple spots where it had a problem bridging , bottom side of where it leads to the screw hole and front lower which I think is an air duct.

So this was with me slicing with their settings now I will try their G-code.

Oh , it scales in at 35 gr
2020_0131_053030_001.JPG
2020_0131_053036_002.JPG
2020_0131_053043_003.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Weight versus strength LOL.
This is were perfecting the thin wall settings come in, shell doesn't have to be strong and even on my 3DLabprint planes you have to be careful how you handle it so you don't poke your fingers through. Almost like your basic egg, squeeze it from end to end and it takes a lot of force, side to side no force at all to crack it.

sundown57

Legendary member
my first one was printed with a wall thickness of .4. that's just too thin.

Attachments

• IMG_4631.JPG
    IMG_4631.JPG
    631.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4630.JPG
    IMG_4630.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Printed and looks pretty good. I don't really have any stringers I just have more of what I call hair and a little pass by with a torch and they are gone.

Only a couple spots where it had a problem bridging , bottom side of where it leads to the screw hole and front lower which I think is an air duct.

So this was with me slicing with their settings now I will try their G-code.

Oh , it scales in at 35 gr

Hah, Your build mat and table looks a lot like mine. Only right now It has so much clutter on it, I can't find it any more! Working on an Eclipson model-V build, or I would jump in and print this up too.

Cheers!
LitterBug