I'm addicted to spicy food!

basslord1124

Master member
Not sure what happened with me but in recent years I have become hooked to spicy food. Sometimes, the hotter the better.

Right now, I'm about to dig into some El Monterey Egg, Cheese, and Jalapeno breakfast burritos (these have become one of my main go-to breakfast foods and they are only a $1/each) and a small bag of Flamin Hot Doritos.

Here's a few of my spicy food stories..
-I have grown to like Paqui Ghost Pepper chips ...I know they have a Reaper chip too (yeah, just sold as a single chip) but have never given it a try
-Went to a BD's Mongolian Grill one time (it's a make your own stir fry kind of place) and made an attempt to make it as spicy as I could (I know some Sriarcha was in there)...my nose was running and tears were pouring the entire time I ate it. And I don't know how many Coke's I went through. First time trying something like that there, crazy as it was, I still finished it. Probably one of my spiciest experiences so far.
-Went to an Asian/American place around Covington KY/Cincinnati and this place had a heat scale that you use on your entree. 1-10....1 being not spicy, and 10 being spicy. I played it safe and just went with a 5. Even with a 5, it was definitely pretty spicy. Not quite as bad as my BD's experience, but close.

OliverW

Legendary member
Not sure what happened with me but in recent years I have become hooked to spicy food. Sometimes, the hotter the better.

Right now, I'm about to dig into some El Monterey Egg, Cheese, and Jalapeno breakfast burritos (these have become one of my main go-to breakfast foods and they are only a $1/each) and a small bag of Flamin Hot Doritos.

Here's a few of my spicy food stories..
-I have grown to like Paqui Ghost Pepper chips ...I know they have a Reaper chip too (yeah, just sold as a single chip) but have never given it a try
-Went to a BD's Mongolian Grill one time (it's a make your own stir fry kind of place) and made an attempt to make it as spicy as I could (I know some Sriarcha was in there)...my nose was running and tears were pouring the entire time I ate it. And I don't know how many Coke's I went through. First time trying something like that there, crazy as it was, I still finished it. Probably one of my spiciest experiences so far.
-Went to an Asian/American place around Covington KY/Cincinnati and this place had a heat scale that you use on your entree. 1-10....1 being not spicy, and 10 being spicy. I played it safe and just went with a 5. Even with a 5, it was definitely pretty spicy. Not quite as bad as my BD's experience, but close.
I am the same way. We have a Mongolian grill near my house and I did the same thing. Except I only had water to wash it down. Still not as bad as drinking straight up hot sauce

clolsonus

I love spicy food too, thankfully this stuff now comes in "Fiesta" strength.

Screenshot from 2020-01-17 09-40-53.png

Gazoo

I like the spicy stuff too. I like my brow to sweat but not a lasting painful heat. My wife got me a bottle of Gator Hammock. It's not really that hot but the flavor is outstanding! Great on eggs and pizza.

Gator Sauce.jpg

FDS

Elite member
Indian spicy food is the nectar of the gods. All of it. Aside from Vindaloo which was invented for drunk British people to eat!

basslord1124

Master member
I like the spicy stuff too. I like my brow to sweat but not a lasting painful heat. My wife got me a bottle of Gator Hammock. It's not really that hot but the flavor is outstanding! Great on eggs and pizza.

View attachment 154957

Oddly enough, I'm not much for vinegar stuff, but I have been slowly starting to get into it...that stuff sounds pretty decent.

For a while, I preferred BBQ wings (well I still love BBQ) over the traditional buffalo wing. It's not that I thought buffalo/Franks Red Hot sauce was hot, I just didn't like the taste. BUT, I have started to tolerate it better. I've heard some people say your tastes change about every 7 years...I've started to believe it. Use to hate shrimp...now I can eat it with no problem.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am a huge fan of spicy food, always have been. I have watched the TV series "Man vs Food" and challenged myself to find the spiciest chicken wings in the city and have eaten the whole pound. I will do this once every 6 months or so. I have had wings where I had to sign a waiver before the order was made. I will say one time I could smell the wings before they even came out of the kitchen, my eyes were watering by the time they hit the table, and 3 beer was needed just to get them all down, but I did it. Funny thing was that other people in the establishment who witnessed this ordeal also ordered their own plate, even after seeing what I was going through. Long story short, I made the toilet my best friend for the next couple of days :ROFLMAO:

Turbojoe

Elite member
OMG! Gotta have spicy within reason! I have lots of hot spices on hand now. STUPID HOT is completely out of the question for me. I need hot WITH flavor. Hot, just to be as hot as possible to me is just plain STUPID and I'm not the least bit interested in the recipe. I have to have some flavor to go along with the heat. Of course I add cayenne and Jalapeno to a lot of my meals. I also add potato and onion as well.
I try to add many items to make my chili edible for my entire family. Food requiring a fire extinguisher is simply NOT on my menu.......

Joe

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I love spicy wings, but super hot ones that require you to stay in the bathroom for the next week are out of the question.
My favorite ones are the 25 cent ones at applebees. They rock!

The worst encounter I've had with spice was about a month ago. I stuck my finger into some freshly ground cayenne pepper and then, without washing my hands, rubbed it all over my face accidentally. IT HURT!! It wasn't just spicy, It legitimately was painful!

OliverW

Legendary member
I love spicy wings, but super hot ones that require you to stay in the bathroom for the next week are out of the question.
My favorite ones are the 25 cent ones at applebees. They rock!

The worst encounter I've had with spice was about a month ago. I stuck my finger into some freshly ground cayenne pepper and then, without washing my hands, rubbed it all over my face accidentally. IT HURT!! It wasn't just spicy, It legitimately was painful!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Turbojoe

Elite member
I've never understood and never will understand why people will pay any amount whatsoever for chicken wings. That's the first part for me that goes down the garbage disposal. There's a lot of skin and bones and almost no meat. I guess I'll simply never understand the attraction....

I'm almost the same way with drumsticks. There's much more meat there but still a lot of skin and other gristly things I'm unwilling to chew on. If I'm gonna eat chicken it's gonna be breasts and nothing but! I refuse to waste good money on skin and bones. Gimme good ole chicken titties with a thick layer of down home Creole seasoning and I'm a VERY happy man!

Joe

OliverW

Legendary member
I've never understood and never will understand why people will pay any amount whatsoever for chicken wings. That's the first part for me that goes down the garbage disposal. There's a lot of skin and bones and almost no meat. I guess I'll simply never understand the attraction....

I'm almost the same way with drumsticks. There's much more meat there but still a lot of skin and other gristly things I'm unwilling to chew on. If I'm gonna eat chicken it's gonna be breasts and nothing but! I refuse to waste good money on skin and bones. Gimme good ole chicken titties with a thick layer of down home Creole seasoning and I'm a VERY happy man!

Joe
Wings make a really good finger-food and they really are about sauce-per-volume of the piece of chicken

Turbojoe

Elite member
Wings make a really good finger-food and they really are about sauce-per-volume of the piece of chicken

Agree to disagree. I'd much rather eat my fingers than to eat chicken wings in any kind of sauce. Maybe it's just me but I find chicken wings to be a total waste of time and money. That's probably just the crazy cheapskate in me that looks for return on investment......

Joe

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Agree to disagree. I'd much rather eat my fingers than to eat chicken wings in any kind of sauce. Maybe it's just me but I find chicken wings to be a total waste of time and money. That's probably just the crazy cheapskate in me that looks for return on investment......

Joe
The applebees wings do have boneless, so they by far are my favorite. Especially dipped in a good ranch sauce, MMMMMMMMM!