I'm currently going crazy with my quad-copter because I can't get the motors to turn

FirthColin

I connect them to the ESC and they beep doing be be be showing that they are connected. However, the arming sequence doesn't work and the motors don't turn.

Specs
Receiver: FrSky X8R
Remote: Taranis Q X7
Flight controller: Naza M Lite
ESC: Cicada 4 in 1 30Amps

INFO about current situation:
The receiver and remote are correctly bounded and you can see a solid green light on the receiver. The flight controller has been connected to a computer and you can see on the Naza assistant that when you move the remote's levels there is a reaction so everything seems to be set up correctly using the S-Bus.
I have bypassed the flight controller connecting the receiver and ESC to the power supply and a dummy servo tester got the motors to turn so they're able to receive a signal and move.

If anyone has any idea about what's going on, it'd be very very helpful to let me know so I can test it out and reply with the results.

Thank you!

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
Well i have no idea about the Naza, only with pixhawk, cc3d and similars. But if the copter don't arm, there must be something not ready. There should be info about arming issues to find in the www

Gatormurica

I am not nearly as experienced as someone like Ricci or Phyborg but i have been in the same boat. Don't give up! I think that the arming channel needs to link to your arm switch on the transmitter. From what I know about a turranis, that the defalt arm switch is something funkie and it is better to rig it to an auxillery switch on your turranus. On the kiss gui you can link the arm switch on the copter to an aux in the turranus, witch then you rig your aux to a switch in the turranus. That is all I know about that I hope that that helps, if not than dont get discuradged there are a hole lotta people on this fourm that are a hole lot smarter and experiance than me at this.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
From the quick research I have just done the two most common problems seem to be the Software version on the controller or esc calibration issues. What Ricci mentioned about powering it off the esc's is also mentioned in several videos. Between those three things you should see some kind of result. If not pop back in with some video of your progress and some wiring pics so we may all be on the same page to help more.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Don´t give up! It takes me a lot of hours of try and error and research to get my Pixhawk in the air.
Finally i get it in the air the spinning problems where also solved. Two channels where switched. and i would have sell my soul that they was connected correctly.

FirthColin

Thank you very much for your help. The problem seemed to originate in the flight controller and we are currently running tests to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong as less voltage is being sent to one of the motors than the other (It flipped a few times). We will continue working on it and consider your advice.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
A flipping copter is usually due to connecting the motors in the wrong order to the FliteController. If motor 1 gets connected to the motor 2 pad on the FC and motor 2 gets connected to the motor 1 pad on the FC, the copter will flip immediately.

Other reasons often include out of synch ESCs (EDIT: you have to synch the escs to the throttle so they all start at the same time) or a reversed channel on your transmitter.

Last edited:

FirthColin

The flight controller ended up being the problem, with the gyros not working properly. We've finally got it working in a decent manner.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone.

The flight controller ended up being the problem, with the gyros not working properly. We've finally got it working in a decent manner.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone.

more details? otherwise this thread cant help anyone else other than point them in a general area.