I'm Cursed

RoyBro

Mentor
I've come to the conclusion that I am cursed perpetually with bad timing. I have a long history of examples, but the two most recent examples are:

1. Last week I got the last item I need to finish building my Bixler 2 radio controlled airplane, and then I promptly fried my RC transmitter.

2. After exploring all the different options to resolve this situation for a few days, yesterday I placed an order for a replacement Turnigy 9x transmitter. Today, Hobby King on Facebook announced that they had in stock the Frsky Taranis radio, which is the radio I really wanted but has been out of stock everywhere.

Nooooooo!

But because I have the best wife in the world, she told me to go ahead and order the Taranis and use the Turnigy as a spare.

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! (Ren & Stimpy Reference)

But that doesn't mean that I'm not still cursed, however. So for anyone waiting for the Frsky Taranis transmitter to be in stock and at a reasonable to unbelievably low price, keep your eyes open. Because I placed my order and have to pay $30 shipping and wait a month for it to arrive from Hong Kong, they will undoubtedly become available locally this week and with free expedited shipping just to add insult to injury.

To my international friends, I'm not sure if my curse extends beyond the borders of the U.S. but just in case, you should keep your eyes open as well.

tramsgar

Should you not need a spare, just sell your unused 9x locally at a time when it's out of stock in nearest warehouse. You'll probably get most of your money back.

Oh, and go see a witch doctor.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Hey RoyBro, could I borrow her for a week or 2 just to OK purchases I would like to make?;)

Thurmond

tramsgar

I'm afraid I'm on the wrong continent for Witch Doctors. Living in Montana, I may be able to find a find a Medicine Man, or Shaman.

Perhaps try the shaman; medicine men are just bogus, everyone knows that.

So what part of the world is Far, far away?

Far far away is located somewhere between Norway and Finland. No witch doctors there either, but plenty of gypsy ladies should the need arise.

RoyBro

Mentor
The Turnigy 9x arrived today, and I have Thursday and Friday off work. So I intend to perform all the mods that I did on the first 9x. It should be a good couple of days off.

RoyBro

Mentor
I did the mods on the Turnigy 9x. I posted an article about them on the Flite Test site, so please read and rate.
In the meantime, the Taranis arrived today. I'll have to wait until the weekend before I can play however. The DJT module and receiver arrived as well. So I'll have plenty to do.