I'm going to bed, here's where I left off.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Origin 300i, all geometry is there including two formers, all that needs to be done is to arrange it onto 20x30 sheets of DTFB and lots and lots of cleanup and visual formatting. @Grifflyer is it too much to ask you to do your wonderful formatting? PDF file is on 2mx2m sheets and pretty much the worst packing algorithm was used. Oh well.

Attachments

• 300i 2_81_d_03162020.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 0

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Scalable Vector Graphic, it’s the standard for line drawings and other vector drawings. It’s extremely precise, and it opens in most web browsers, and can be edited by almost all vector editing tools. Do you want a PDF? I can go export that right now if you want.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Hey, I figured out manual tiling in Inkscape. Seems legit here, 11 sheets of 20x30, just keep in mind parts overlap across sheets. I don't currently have enough foam to build this, it turns out. But plans are all there for an Origin 300i with about a 1400mm wingspan.

Attachments

• Origin 300i v4_0 20x30 tiled.pdf
    86 KB · Views: 0

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Just did a little test of these plans in RealFlight 9, got some interesting results. It's slow and lumbering, especially compared to the smaller version. 1400mm is pretty big.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
1584477535625.png

For those who don't know... this is what it looks like Comeplete

perhapsleiana

Elite member
New plans! Much more manageable 7 sheets, 1000mm wingspan, rudders (or just surfaces to flare outwards 10-20 degrees, @Grifflyer can vouch for me when I say the most recent test flight shows yaw instability) and nicer formers, including a tail former.

Attachments

• Origin 300i v4_2 20x30 tiled.pdf
    55.3 KB · Views: 0

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Ready-to-print plans done. 7 sheets of foam, 56 sheets of 7.5x10 plan paper, rudders included, hopefully this is the one that really works.

Attachments

• Origin 300i v4_2 7.5x10 (56) tiled.pdf
    197.2 KB · Views: 0