I'm having issues registering with FAA

Machman2823

Hello, I have tried to figure out a solution to this issue, but have not found any.
I tryed to register my Tricopter and Dragonfly, but after getting an email with the verification link, I can't log in, it gives me a "Invalid" error, Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm itching to fly.

Machman

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Go forth and fly my friend! Any model that was bought before December 21st over 250 grams is supposed to be registered before February 19th 2016. The deadline for the $5 rebate is January 19th 2016 so you have time.

BobK

Banned
Yep fly away, seems to be a lot of trouble with it all. If anyone questions about it make sure you know the dates and facts because that way you have the upper hand, you will know more than Joe police officer does anyway..I can't wait to be questioned and possibly know more, I can't wait to ask why THEY do not know the dates. :)

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I haven't tried myself and probably wont till the very last moment. The site went down yesterday and who knows if they fixed it properly. Lots of people were not getting emails or their numbers. Like its been said the AMA is suggesting we wait and if you watch IBCrazy's video it also explains a few other reasons why we should wait.

MototechRyan

Wannabe Jedi
Make sure you are clicking the second link in the verification email. The first link is not the verification one, the second one right under it is

bikerbob24

I am having the same problem..sent them a email that I never got an answer to....but on the other hand I am not to worried , I have my own flying field in the front yard [my place is 48 acres] I have been flying since 1965 and have 5 multi-rotors and 11 fixed wing aircraft..used to belong to the AMA but since they seemed to back off on the registration issue , I dont think I will ever renew with them.

etrofla

I have the same login problem...tried resetting the password three times and still can't get in. I have sent the "help" desk some emails but the only reply so far is "thank you for your question" :mad:

Machman2823

Registering Difficulties

I'm actually calling them right now and they told me that you CAN'T fly until you have registered.

Machman2823

I have the same login problem...tried resetting the password three times and still can't get in. I have sent the "help" desk some emails but the only reply so far is "thank you for your question" :mad:
They told me to resend the email, I will let you all know how this goes.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Greves says it all in his open letter to the NTSB and FAA.

This is all nonsense, and can be ignored on legal grounds. You notice I put the caveat of 'legal grounds', because I am certainly willing to concede, local law enforcement could indeed make your life miserable for a few days to a few weeks.

But this will all be "refined" in a few months, because it clearly violates the eighth amendment;

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights (ratified December 15, 1791) prohibiting the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishment.

Machman2823

I finally got through and got my #, only took a week, either way, they seem to have fixed the issue i was having, so thats good, nothing is perfect, especially when it first comes out

abieex

Mentor
I'll not register for this any sooner than I would post my credit card number on the grocery store bulletin board. Way too much government for my taste!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
-------^------- -------^-------
[ ] [ ]
--------------OOOOO------------
---------------------------------
/ / \ \
/ / \ \ In a holding pattern until the last possible second and even still wont be sure until I see
What local laws get scabbed in on top of this money grab to finance the privatization of airport
Air traffic control restructuring.

GAH formatting messed up my quad drawing 8={{