I'm not dead (yet!)

Mad_Mechanic

For all those who know me around here and might be wondering why I've gone silent again (doh!) here is what is going on in my life.

The big thing right now is that I'm about a month away from getting married (November 10th) so I'm focused almost exclusively on that big life event.

Beyond that, I started a new anti-anxiety medication almost 3 weeks ago now and I'm still adjusting to it.

So what are my plans looking towards the end of the year? Well, getting married for one, but after that I need to build the ver2 prototype of my 1-sheet plane and report feedback. I don't want to see that project die after it had such strong interest.

I'm still around but I've mostly been lurking on here and not posting much. I login almost everyday so if you want to get my attention for something (like a spreadsheet needs updating or you have a question on a project of mine) please feel free to drop me a message or do an @ mention of me in a thread.

Take care and happy flights!

-Mad_Mechanic

FastCrash45

Elite member
For all those who know me around here and might be wondering why I've gone silent again (doh!) here is what is going on in my life.

The big thing right now is that I'm about a month away from getting married (November 10th) so I'm focused almost exclusively on that big life event.

Beyond that, I started a new anti-anxiety medication almost 3 weeks ago now and I'm still adjusting to it.

So what are my plans looking towards the end of the year? Well, getting married for one, but after that I need to build the ver2 prototype of my 1-sheet plane and report feedback. I don't want to see that project die after it had such strong interest.

I'm still around but I've mostly been lurking on here and not posting much. I login almost everyday so if you want to get my attention for something (like a spreadsheet needs updating or you have a question on a project of mine) please feel free to drop me a message or do an @ mention of me in a thread.

Take care and happy flights!

-Mad_Mechanic
A hearty congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!! May your day be blessed and your evening twice as nice!! Having been married 4yrs ago I know how that takes over everything. I wish you many years of happiness in your endeavors.

Mad_Mechanic

A hearty congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!! May your day be blessed and your evening twice as nice!! Having been married 4yrs ago I know how that takes over everything. I wish you many years of happiness in your endeavors.

Thank you @FastCrash45 for your positive words. I am looking forward to the 'big day' but all the stress of planning leading up to it is far less enjoyable.

Hoomi

Master member
Whatever you do, don't go on the cart....

(And congratulations on the upcoming wedding!)

NotDeadYet.jpg

Mad_Mechanic

Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind if I necro this thread for a moment.

The wedding is done and my wife and I could not have asked for better weather for the ceremony.

32740030.JPG

Here is what my project schedule looks like till the end of the year.

I still have my 1-sheet plane Rev2 plans that I need to cut out and assemble.

I have a christmas gift that I need to build for my wife.

And I have a bench power supply project that I want to finish.

Thank you all for the support! Happy flying!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hello everyone! I hope you don't mind if I necro this thread for a moment.

The wedding is done and my wife and I could not have asked for better weather for the ceremony.

View attachment 148587

Here is what my project schedule looks like till the end of the year.

I still have my 1-sheet plane Rev2 plans that I need to cut out and assemble.

I have a christmas gift that I need to build for my wife.

And I have a bench power supply project that I want to finish.

Thank you all for the support! Happy flying!
Congratulations! If you two looked any happier, I'm sure I'd be sick! :love: I wish you both all the luck in the world. Now, let's build some planes! :p

Mad_Mechanic

Hello again everyone!

It's the new year and I have been very quiet since my last update. So here is what is going on in my life.

For Christmas I made my new bride a Christmas decoration. She loves Christmas and loves Snoopy, so I did the only logical thing and designed/fabricated a replica Snoopy doghouse decoration. Made from plywood not foamboard :LOL:.

Seen here with her two beagles, Max and Athena.
DSC07090 (1).jpg

download_20191216_184950 (1).jpg

Now, here is the bigger reason that has been keeping me busy. Since my last update and before Christmas I got an opportunity to buy something that I have been looking to buy for years. I bought a dream car, a 1981 Datsun/Nissan 280ZX.

KIMG0371 (1).jpg

DSC07071 (1).jpg

So...I've been spending a lot of my time (and money) getting this car fixed up. I bought it unregistered and not operational.

I certainly haven't forgotten about the awesome community here and I'm hoping to get back to building planes soon!

Happy New Year folks!

-Mad Mechanic

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hello again everyone!

It's the new year and I have been very quiet since my last update. So here is what is going on in my life.

For Christmas I made my new bride a Christmas decoration. She loves Christmas and loves Snoopy, so I did the only logical thing and designed/fabricated a replica Snoopy doghouse decoration. Made from plywood not foamboard :LOL:.

Seen here with her two beagles, Max and Athena.
View attachment 153776

View attachment 153775

Now, here is the bigger reason that has been keeping me busy. Since my last update and before Christmas I got an opportunity to buy something that I have been looking to buy for years. I bought a dream car, a 1981 Datsun/Nissan 280ZX.

View attachment 153778

View attachment 153777

So...I've been spending a lot of my time (and money) getting this car fixed up. I bought it unregistered and not operational.

I certainly haven't forgotten about the awesome community here and I'm hoping to get back to building planes soon!

Happy New Year folks!

-Mad Mechanic
That dog house and the dogs look awesome! But I like the car a whole lot more!! She's a beauty!!
How much did she go for?

Mad_Mechanic

I snagged the car for a deal: $1,000.

It has a replacement engine and 275k miles on the odometer, but it's a hardtop (which are rare for 280ZX models) and a 5-speed. And it has minimal rust (which is also rare for early z-cars). It was a family owned car until I bought it. There was still the original owners manual and dealership sales papers in the glove box.

The paint is not original, it's a doors shut paint job, the jams and engine bay are actually blue. The car was apparently blue with a silver stripe but the paint was apparently getting pretty rough so they decided to paint it silver. Silver is not a bad color for these cars, but a dark blue looks way better.