I'm torn.

Fritzekodi

I'm torn whether to get the inductrix fpv rtf or the eachine racer 250 rtf or the eachine wizard x220. I'm just starting with fpv and drone flying in general. I want to know which one is better for the price. Please tell me or recommend a good starter fpv drone.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I want to know how to get into fpv at a low price.

Last edited:

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Hi, and welcome to the forums!!

What you need to think about is where you are going to be flying and under what weather conditions, because you are mentioning the Inductrix (which I assume you mean to turn into a Tiny Whoop) on one hand which is just a small 1S indoor flyer that will fly outside if there is virtually no wind, and then on the other hand mention 250 class quads which are no good for indoor (t least inside the house). If you are looking at the little micro sized ones, like the Inductrix in size, there are plenty of small FPV quads around the $60 mark BNF with all the camera stuff on them and everything if you want to try out before getting into something more expensive like a Tiny Whoop.

If you are just starting in FPV and quads, then expect to crash, so you should look for something that is resistant in crashes... if you are more leaning towards a larger, 240 class quad, then it might be worth investing in an HMB235 frame from MultiRC, as they are virtually indestructible, and IF you manage to destroy the frame, they will replace it!! Of course, you would need to shop around for the electronics to keep the price low, but it is possible and would last you a long time!

When you say getting into FPV at a low price, what do you mean? Are you talking about just the model, or are you in need of goggles/screen too? If you need goggles, and you hurry, Hobbyking have a pair of goggles on their 11-11 sale still at a very reasonable price!! https://hobbyking.com/es_es/cyber-november/visionplus-goggle-only-us-24-99.html

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Avoid the eachine racer, it is pretty much garbage. The wizard is a whole other story, looks pretty solid from the reviews I've seen. Mine is currently on the slow boat ;) The inductrix fpv is pretty awesome, but as Epitaph says, it's not much good outside.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
If you live in an area with snowy/cold winters I would recommend the inductrix to start off with. That way you will get some comfortable FPV and flying practice indoors over the winter instead of having to brave the cold to learn to fly. Then in the spring you can upgrade to a larger machine like the wizard.

If you have moderate winters than I would go for the wizard first. You'll break more stuff learning to fly, but it will provide a better entrance into mini/racing quads than the inductrix will.

Fritzekodi

If you live in an area with snowy/cold winters I would recommend the inductrix to start off with. That way you will get some comfortable FPV and flying practice indoors over the winter instead of having to brave the cold to learn to fly. Then in the spring you can upgrade to a larger machine like the wizard.

If you have moderate winters than I would go for the wizard first. You'll break more stuff learning to fly, but it will provide a better entrance into mini/racing quads than the inductrix will.

Thanks! I live in Washington, so it is windy and rainy all the time. I will consider this.

Fritzekodi

At this last part,

Hi, and welcome to the forums!!

What you need to think about is where you are going to be flying and under what weather conditions, because you are mentioning the Inductrix (which I assume you mean to turn into a Tiny Whoop) on one hand which is just a small 1S indoor flyer that will fly outside if there is virtually no wind, and then on the other hand mention 250 class quads which are no good for indoor (t least inside the house). If you are looking at the little micro sized ones, like the Inductrix in size, there are plenty of small FPV quads around the $60 mark BNF with all the camera stuff on them and everything if you want to try out before getting into something more expensive like a Tiny Whoop.

If you are just starting in FPV and quads, then expect to crash, so you should look for something that is resistant in crashes... if you are more leaning towards a larger, 240 class quad, then it might be worth investing in an HMB235 frame from MultiRC, as they are virtually indestructible, and IF you manage to destroy the frame, they will replace it!! Of course, you would need to shop around for the electronics to keep the price low, but it is possible and would last you a long time!

When you say getting into FPV at a low price, what do you mean? Are you talking about just the model, or are you in need of goggles/screen too? If you need goggles, and you hurry, Hobbyking have a pair of goggles on their 11-11 sale still at a very reasonable price!! https://hobbyking.com/es_es/cyber-november/visionplus-goggle-only-us-24-99.html

At this last part, I meant some generic low cost fpv goggles/transmitter. Also, a good 180 RTF quad would be good.

Last edited:

Fritzekodi

I'm not planning on flying outside

Avoid the eachine racer, it is pretty much garbage. The wizard is a whole other story, looks pretty solid from the reviews I've seen. Mine is currently on the slow boat ;) The inductrix fpv is pretty awesome, but as Epitaph says, it's not much good outside.

Yeah, I'm not planning on flying outside that much. The reason why I wanted a Wizard/Racer 250 is so I can really quench my need for speed and fly high outside. I guess that will come later in the "fpv process"

DonC52

Hi Fritzedoki,
I am in a very similar situation, living in the cold and just starting in the hobby. Whilst I am going to build Foamies to fill in the time I want to get into FPV in the worst way but I have decided to take a different route.
Have you thought of building your own Quad? The Versacopter for example; that is what I am doing. I have found that this is definitely not the cheapest way to go but I feel that, for me anyway, it is the most fulfilling. On those cold days I will have things to do.
I wish you luck with your journey whichever way you go but thought you might just consider this option.
DonC52

Kit Cloudkicker

I live in Oregon, so I know what you mean about the rain and wind. If I was you I would go with the eachine wizard, it has some pretty solid specs. If you don't already have all the fpv gear you might want to look at this too, comes with everything, transmitter, goggles and quad: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGFEX&P=ML for $350 not to bad. Although if you want to get serious about quads I would build your own, it's really pretty simple and straight forward. Just my two cents...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would highly suggest you look into building your own. In the long run (take it from me I started with a runner 250) it will be far cheaper over time then getting a prebuilt with proprietary parts.

If you are in Washington state you are getting into the crappiest flying weather season (don't feel bad I am just east of Buffalo) so taking time now to research and learn to build a quad is the best time. This way you can take your time, source the best parts for your build and learn how to put it all together. Then when you crash you already know what is broken and how to fix it.

Spend the winter with what ever radio you decide to get flying simulators that way when flying weather comes around you will have a decent quad, good knowledge, and some prebuilt muscle memory and flight skills.

Things to consider:
1. Don't cheap out on your radio system it will be with you on every thing you do from day one to the time you no longer wish to fly. Buy it once.
2. Forget cheap. Cheap is way more costly in the long run. Think economically like how much time replacing cheap parts and shipping will you do going cheap and Chinese more then likely instead of going mid to upper level on sale over time.
3. FPV: See suggestion number 1. Best resolution may not be best for you there are other deciding factors involved. The cheapest ones will also not benefit you as you will have poor signal, low resolution and more then likely quad killing lag.

Research research research.

IF you need to go with I want it now I would highly suggest the Versa Copter to start. I got one as my second quad and it has gone thru a lot of upgrades, a lot of abuse, and gave back the fun and enjoyment 1000 fold. All my experiences with it are documented all over these forums if you wish to see evolutions of it over time and just how adaptable and resilient they are.