imovie/iphone 4 video incompatibility

earthsciteach

I have a couple if videos shot with my iphone that I would like to upload to youtube and share here. However, youtube doesn't recognize the .MOV file from my iphone. Neither does imovie (both Apple products, BTW). I downloaded a video converter (Bigasoft imovie converter) that is supposed to convert iphone movie files to imovie compatible ones. However, it tells me the files are incompatible, as well! (I adjusted settings in the app as per the instructions.)

Any thoughts on how to overcome this???

Thanks!

FXX

An incompatibility between the iPhone and iMovie would be very strange. I never used it before but I am able to import videos (shot with my 4S) without any problems. Import -> video.

Maybe it's just one corrupt file, have you tested some other videos?

earthsciteach

This is the first time I've tried to import videos shot on my iphone 4 into imovie. I downloaded those videos from my phone to my MacBook. They play fine in Quicktime, but imovie does not recognize any of them. Additionally, I've downloaded two different video converters that do not recognize those .MOV files, either. It has to be a codec issue, but I don't know what to do about it.

FXX

Is there an error message, which could help?

Edit: Have you tried to import directly from your iPhone?