In the market for a new charger

Carbon

Elemental Madness

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I have the ECO 6. It's not my favorite charger. It won't just plug into the wall either. If you want to use it you will need some kind of dc power source, like a car battery or a laptop adapter or power supply. A similar charger, that IS my favorite charger is the Turnigy Accucel 6. It's only a few dollars more but is a much better unit in my opinion. (still would require a power source)

I don't have any experience with the other charger, my guess is though it'll take a lot longer to charge with that one.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have that Turnigy 2s 3s balance charger. It works perfect, I've only tried it with my 2200mAh 3S though.

The only drawback is the charging time - it takes 6-7 hours for the 2200's! If I'm correct, the charger is rated to charge at 650mA, which I assume should be the same as discharge rate calculation: 2200mAh / 650mA = 3+ hours. Dunno why it takes more.

It's a good and cheap charger and balancer, but it'll take forever to charge.

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Not hobbyking but this is what I run:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/75p-t610-charger.html I have two of them and I power them at home with this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-g350-powersupply.html I also have an accucell 6 that is a backup.

I've had one thunder charger for two seasons now with no issues. The other is new. There is a temp sensor supplied and the output lead is a deans connector. It'll charge 3s up to 10 amps which will do a full charge on a 2200 pack in just over 15 mins. With both chargers going I can fly non stop all day on 5 lipos.

I can run them both with the power supply without bogging it out it's rated at 350w but will do 400.

The accucell 6 from hk is identical to the Eco 6 it's programming is the same as the thunder chargers as well. I used it for quite some time but at 50w it won't charge larger lipos very fast. I mostly use it to charge up my receiver packs, glow drivers, and my field box battery instead of lipos. After a lot of charges the detent on the start button is getting sticky but it still works.

My advice is buy the charger with as much wattage as you can afford. If you get into large 6s packs you'll be waiting hours for it to charge with a 50w charger.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I have the accucell 6and the eco 6 - The programming is the same. The boards are very similar but some of the components are different. The beeps are way more annoying on the ECO 6. The ECO 6 has membrane switches and a plastic case. The screen burned out on the ECO 6 after I had it a few charges (I replaced it). side by side the accucel feels like a better unit. I use them both, in operation they seem the about the same.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've got an ECO 6 and it's a great little charger, but as mentioned the beeps are really annoying!!! But you can turn them off. For park fliers and stuff like that, this will do the job nicely for a very good price. I'm also amazed at how closely calibrated my unit was straight from the factory.