Incredible Mountain Valley and Secret Cabin Discovered!

A few weeks ago I found an incredible mountain valley and spent 5 hours hiking around, exploring, and flying various spots.
Well, I finally finished editing the footage and wanted to share the video with you guys.

Notes:
- Check out that cabin(!) I'll definitely spend a night there someday soon.
- The video is divided into 3 parts, if you like relaxing cinematic footage, definitely check out the last run.
- Please watch in 2k or 4k, if on desktop use Chrome instead of Safari; Safari only streams 1080p on YouTube which looks chunky... very disappointing.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, let me know. Cheers!
-Pete

danskis

Master member
Normally I don't watch drone videos but your's have always been fun. You've come a long way from your first ones you posted here. This one is great and I really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback and support! I have a lot of fun exploring, flying and making these videos, and it's extremely nice to get feedback from you all! Have a few more in the "editing bay" but have been out of town for the last month with limited time... so stay tuned!

You do realize that unless someone has a higher resolution screen then full hd ->1080p is as high of quality as their screen can even show, correct?

So here's what I've found, using Safari vs Chrome:
- Safari at 1080p creates a ton of artifacts and looks very pixilated, likely due to the compression codec "avc1".
- Chrome at 1080p by comparison looks much nicer, likely due to the compression codec "vp09"
- Chrome at 1440 or 2160 looks great, basically how I exported from FCPX.
This is most obvious in fast-moving or shots with lots of trees, a good example is the trench dive at 2:40.

Basically, I believe that even lower resolution screens benefit from higher resolution videos.
Curious if anyone can confirm. Thanks!

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback and support! I have a lot of fun exploring, flying and making these videos, and it's extremely nice to get feedback from you all! Have a few more in the "editing bay" but have been out of town for the last month with limited time... so stay tuned!

So here's what I've found, using Safari vs Chrome:
- Safari at 1080p creates a ton of artifacts and looks very pixilated, likely due to the compression codec "avc1".
- Chrome at 1080p by comparison looks much nicer, likely due to the compression codec "vp09"
- Chrome at 1440 or 2160 looks great, basically how I exported from FCPX.
This is most obvious in fast-moving or shots with lots of trees, a good example is the trench dive at 2:40.

Basically, I believe that even lower resolution screens benefit from higher resolution videos.
Curious if anyone can confirm. Thanks!

that might be true for the upload and if your correct about watching then there is some quality issue with YouTube itself, unfortunately.