Indoor Event in San Mateo County, CA before end of 2013?

nickhart

Good evening,

I'm exploring a few possible venues in San Mateo County for an indoor event, or series before the end of the year. Would anyone be interested?

Cheers!

Nick

By the way, if anyone has any tips on putting together indoor flying events, I'm all ears! Thanks!

nickhart

Just got an update from one possible venue. Their tallest ceiling is only 14 feet. What do you think would be the minimum ceiling height for a successful event?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
14 feet is pretty low, I'd shoot for a minimum of at least 20-25 feet. I guess it's doable as long as it's a completely clear 14' with no rafters. Beggars can't be choosers, of course...

nickhart

Thanks Xuzme720! That helps!

Looks like you're in Texas, so should I assume you probably won't be joining us in California when I pull this together? Of course, you'd be very welcome!

Cheers!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'd love to, but since it's the holidays, not much time for out of town anything, except work...

nickhart

You make a great point.

I've been getting some great ideas for venues. But, I'm not hearing from many people who are interested in participating. Perhaps it is too soon with the holidays coming up.

If we try to put something together in the first quarter of 2014, who'd like to join in?

Cheers!