Help! Inductrix fpv + wobble

I am part of an indoor drone racing league and some of my friends in the club fly inductrix fpv pluses. Recently, they have started to wobble when they fly. Is this a gyro issue, or an issue with the motors. If it is a gyro issue is there another way to make the drone fly better without buying a new flight controller?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Could be a bunch of things. Is it one or multiple whoops that wobble?

If its a bunch I would suspect they all recently had their firmware flashed to a target they are not happy with.

If its one that flew good and now wobbles I would look at props becoming loose or bent. Possibly for hair tangled in the motors.

IF no pid changes were done.

They all used to fly well. The one does not fly at all, the other flys really poorly, the other flys decent but still wobbles. The manual says that they are beta flight programmed, is there any way to connect them to beta flight?

Bricks

Master member
These tiny Whoop motors do not last very long 4-6 hours of flight time and they start showing themselves as getting weaker and causing issues. Mine showed up when I would hit the throttle is would tend to veer off in one direction and wobble like crazy..

Reactions: FDS

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
They all used to fly well. The one does not fly at all, the other flys really poorly, the other flys decent but still wobbles. The manual says that they are beta flight programmed, is there any way to connect them to beta flight?

You can download Betaflight Configurator here: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight-configurator/releases

You'll need a proper USB data cable to connect to the computer, you'll probably have to remove the canopy to access the USB port if it has one. I didn't see it, or Betaflight in the manual, just SAFE which is Horizon's proprietary stuff.

Chances are though that it's not a software issue if everything used to work fine. I would look more to physical damage of the frame and motors.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Yup, wobbles and worse after only 21 flights (roughly two and a half hours of flight time), back-left motor completely stopped working :(, swapped it with the right-front, still nothing. Gonna have to order some new ones :cautious:, also, the wobbles started before I even hit 10 flights, whenever the throttle was dropped to fly down a stair-well the quad would wobble like crazy, not enough to crash, but very annoying. Around flight 16 I took it outside and flew acro, whenever I flip or bank past about 60 degrees it would suddenly level out and wobble so bad you couldn’t see or do anything to stop it, every time :mad:, not what I was looking for in a good quad. Very disappointed with Horizon Hobbies on this one, might have to send them an email.
Any recommendations for a better quad that doesn’t require Betaflight tuning and is dsmx? Really looking at the BetaFpv drones, but those say they require Betaflight. Hmm, I wonder if I can get Betaflight on a Mac?
Also, these will work for the Inductrix fpv plus right? They say not to use it for the Inductrix, but some of the reviews say they work better than stock.

Bricks

Master member
Those motors will not work they are too big you want 6X15 motors. Much of the wobble you are experiencing is coming from not having active braking these small quads do not have that like the bigger quads Tinywhoop.com has come out with a new board that has active breaking. They are only preorder right now and sound like it will be the way to go with these TinyWhoop quads to clear up some of the problems of wobbles.

Here is a link to Special Sauce motors but remember the faster the motors turn the shorter the life span and shorter battery time.

https://www.tinywhoop.com/collections/all/products/mmw-6x15mm-motor-speed-insane-set-of-4

Have you changed any tuning on the quad?

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Those motors will not work they are too big you want 6X15 motors. Much of the wobble you are experiencing is coming from not having active braking these small quads do not have that like the bigger quads Tinywhoop.com has come out with a new board that has active breaking. They are only preorder right now and sound like it will be the way to go with these TinyWhoop quads to clear up some of the problems of wobbles.

Here is a link to Special Sauce motors but remember the faster the motors turn the shorter the life span and shorter battery time.

https://www.tinywhoop.com/collections/all/products/mmw-6x15mm-motor-speed-insane-set-of-4

Have you changed any tuning on the quad?
I have the Inductrix fpv+, not the normal inductrix, so the 8x20mm motors are the correct size, the motors should be here Saturday. Thanks for the info though.