Help! Inexpensive ESC?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I start my next build tonight. I've got a motor, props, batteries, receiver, servos. Everything I need, except I'm out of esc's. I've had good luck with the Turnigy Plush 30amp, but I'd like to find a reliable and less expensive esc. I've bought several of the four for twenty bucks yellow esc's off of Ebay and Amazon. They seem to be hit or miss. Some of the batch will work and some not.

Has anyone found a source for really inexpensive and reliable 30 amp esc's?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I start my next build tonight. I've got a motor, props, batteries, receiver, servos. Everything I need, except I'm out of esc's. I've had good luck with the Turnigy Plush 30amp, but I'd like to find a reliable and less expensive esc. I've bought several of the four for twenty bucks yellow esc's off of Ebay and Amazon. They seem to be hit or miss. Some of the batch will work and some not.

Has anyone found a source for really inexpensive and reliable 30 amp esc's?
What's your price range?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I personally really like the Emax BLheli's I've had my 30 amp for two years now without any problems and it's been in multiple crashes. There are some for sale on Amazon for a little over $10

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
is going cheap more important than working? hard to beat BLHeli quality for $10 each. they have always been my go to ESC.

laters,

me :cool:

speedbirdted

Legendary member
These things have worked well for me. Initially I doubted if they would have good performance but I have used them for a lot of different airplanes and they've held up to everything I've thrown at them.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Well, I am stupid and cannot read... it turns out i think we were talking about the same thing. Maybe they are hit or miss? I don't know. I always buy the batches of four or six, and the couple times I have they've always worked fine.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
These things have worked well for me. Initially I doubted if they would have good performance but I have used them for a lot of different airplanes and they've held up to everything I've thrown at them.
I'm going to go ahead and get some of those on order and give them a shot. U.S. warehouse as well. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. :)

My hope is that you've found some that work better than the ones I've been getting.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Pay attention to what they say on them. I bought a set of four that I read as saying they had BECs, but when I got them, they were quadcopter ESCs that lacked the BEC.

Regardless of brand, make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb before you buy. If they don’t say it has a BEC in the description and you want one, be VERY careful on the purchase, especially if you’re buying a 4 of them.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Pay attention to what they say on them. I bought a set of four that I read as saying they had BECs, but when I got them, they were quadcopter ESCs that lacked the BEC.

Regardless of brand, make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb before you buy. If they don’t say it has a BEC in the description and you want one, be VERY careful on the purchase, especially if you’re buying a 4 of them.
I’ve got the esc’s and am happy with them so I’m confident in recommending them to @buzzbomb But thanks for the tip, and I’ll keep it in mind when I order more esc’s. All I did to the esc’s was solder connectors on and they worked great, I didn’t add a bec or anything.