What type of plane should I build next?

• mini/micro flat plate tandem wing

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • KFM 1(2 step) tandem wing(30" wings)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KFM1(2 step) tandem wing(lower aspect, thicker chord)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • forward swept front wing w/ straight or back swept rear tandem

• 4ch flat plate delta, aerobatics + high alpha, protected prop

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • optimized extra slender delta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • custom triplane

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • multi wing four wing V tail plane optimized/rebuild

• slightly forward swep wingt high-wing style basic plane

• slightly to moderately swept forward swept wing warbird style low wing plane

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vimana89

Legendary member
Going to run this poll for a few days, and see where the interest is. I've got a couple electronics setups that are free to build around, and have been having a bit of an uninspired spell. I may build yet another plane before these results are closed out to keep busy, but I will take them into consideration for a next major project. This poll is for something I should build in the near future, and gauging where the community interest is for that. The stipulation is that it will be a 3-4ch(most likely 4ch) build with a single engine. Elevons are easiest, but I do plan on buying more Y harnesses for ailerons, so that can be done no problem.

All votes and comments are appreciated. I want to build, but have too many ideas to choose from without a lot of solid inspiration. Thanks in advance. I've made it a total of two choices from a list of ten possibilities so pick your top two out of the list, and feel free to suggest something outside the list entirely if you want or think I might like it.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Any thoughts on this? I’m going to maiden it today hopefully. Where do you think the CG will be?
2BBDA394-94F2-482D-A25A-8E4CCF7C2DC9.jpeg
DF159EE6-D14B-447A-8751-A73CA21E4107.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'd go with 1/4th back from leading edge to be safe, or close to that at least. You can always move it back. It definitely looks cool, and if you get it dialed in right should actually be a better flying design than a regular flying wing.
Thanks - I'll do that! Since the wing is swept, would it be measured from the farthest forward section of the wing (the tip of the wing)?

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks - I'll do that! Since the wing is swept, would it be measured from the farthest forward section of the wing (the tip of the wing)?
You know, I'm really not sure on that. I'd have to study up or ask somebody more experienced. That is a really good question though and will help me nail CG on swept wing planes better.

Boberticus

The only way to do that FSW Mustang properly is with an Edf in the rear...

I've looked into making on e of those, going so far as planning out the electronics.
i think it was that a 30mm edf matches with a 2212motor, a 9 inch prop and a 58 inch wingspan,

I saved some offsets and a 3 view drawing from one of the guys that worked on the project somewhere on my computer,

this would make an awesome master series plane if done right.

fudge now i want a DTFB FWS Mustang again.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Just tried a little RET prototype of the bottom option. Went surprisingly well, I'll post pics here and on other build related threads. I have some decent footage, but too windy to fly it optimally.

Vimana89

Legendary member
So far the clear winner has already been built as a RET prototype, and I'm working on a custom triplane with V tails similar to the old 4 wing I made but smaller and lighter. I'll be building more off of this list or possibly something else, because it seems my mojo is coming back(y)