installing planes in Phoenix sim?

jangodog

Hi I'm still having problem installing any downloaded plane from either your site or other pkg files. Is a bug in version 5.5?
Any help would be appreciated.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
no, its just a bit of a trick. depending upon the type of file that is downloaded. you can either simply place them in the download file in phoenix, or you use the install update feature when you launch program. if you use the install feature, you will save file to desktop, select, then load. you can only do 1 airplane at a time. if it comes as a full file with skins and all, then you can just place into the documents file for phoenix and it should appear.

good luck,

me :cool:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
it's been awhile since i last did this. let me download a few new ones so i can remind myself how.

the phoenix file is in "your docs", and you want the "Phoenix RC," then "Downloaded," then "Models," then i stick them all in "Official."

let me download a few and i will be back...

laters,

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sorry man. i was able to download 1 file before everything "hit the fan" at work. i was hit, kicked, bit, and vomited on. i'm used to the first 3 but it's been awhile since a kid has purposely vomited on me. :LOL:

i was able to determine if it downloads as a "zip" file, then that's the one you need to place in your "my docs" file for phoenix rc. all you need to do is download the file, "un-zip" it, then drag the folder into the correct file. i think that is it, but i will be in to work early tomorrow (7:30am my time) and will give another look.

by power of deduction, if the file downloads as anything else, save it to your desktop, open phoenix, click on "advanced", and select update. now select your saved file and click ok. it will show a progress bar (sometimes) and then a window will open and give acknowledgement of the update.

hope this helps.

good luck,

jangodog

Hi. Sorry to hear about your "accident" :) Guess you work in day care or something. Anyway i tried all the above including creating new folders both in PhoenixRc and PhoenixBuilder folders. No matter what i tried the planes don't show up in Phonix sim 5.5. I think there is two option for the installs: F:\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes or
C:\Users\snipe\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes
Thinking of it maybe the install section is wrong. F:\ placement isn't the usual install when i install things on my pc.
Or could it be that i updated from Phoenix 3.0 to 5.5?

Theuglycamel

I recently had the exact same problem. Double check your version number. I went from 5.0 to 5.5g. I couldn't get any of the new ft models to populate no matter where I dropped the files. Upgraded to 5.5l (that's L as in Lima) dropped the unzipped folder to models/user made/ airplanes. Reboot and there was a new section (highlighted in green) called testing. All of your new models will appear here. There is a link here that has all of the upgrade packages. If I find it again I'll post it. Hope this helps.

Theuglycamel

Here's that link. I backed up to 5.0 and updated from there. When the advanced prompt comes up (after it tries to auto update) hit advanced/manual update and browse to the update file. If you already have your planes in the user made folder they should show up as soon as it updates.
Not a flite test link (sorry)
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/phoenix-sim/

jangodog

Bingo!!!! Updated from 5.5g to 5.5L and i can now see all the new planes:)

Thank you very much to all of you here in this great forum. You saved my weekend:)