Intermediate FPV

bmsweb

Site Moderator
What a fantastic episode guys! Talk about capturing the essence of FPV. That was awesome . . well done on the landing too Josh . . talk about doing it under pressure!!

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Josh s your flying skill is improving nicely. You've come a long way buddy.

I've really got to get in on this fpv thing. I just need a way to sneak it by the wife.

fpsazerbaijan

Nice video guys!

Well done Josh S. for the fantastic FPV flying :D

What do you think of the Predator's compared to the original base edition Fatsharks (with the 46 degree fov)?? A review would be awesome ;)

-Al

vmmattil

Nice episode! I want an FPV setup as well now!

Would the image quality be much lower if you hadn't use the cloverleaf antenna?

Also, is the Bixler really that cheap? 50-something dollars? I REALLY need to get one.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Nice episode! I want an FPV setup as well now!

Also, is the Bixler really that cheap? 50-something dollars? I REALLY need to get one.

Well, yes. The Almost Ready to Fly Bixler is $52+. But then you'll need batteries, a charger, and a Receiver/Transmitter of course.
The box that comes with all you need if you don't have anything at all costs a little bit over $100. Shipping is the bummer, costs like $40 for the ARF and $60 for the RTF.

franck

Benefits of circular polarization

Very nice episode indeed!
I am flying a Bixler too but with a 5.8GHz setup. Good plane, except for the nose that always shows up on the picture. Painting it black is a good idea, a bit less extreme that chopping it off!

Here is a video I made to really visualize what kind of difference the cloverleaf antenna makes:

Cheers,

Franck

midohioboarder

What is the RX Female connector type from HK?

You have a link to the Hobby King RX/TX. So I am hoping you will know what the female type is on the RX. I built the skew planar and clover leaf (ibcrazy design - rcexplorer.se instructions) with SMA type connectors... the RX is not SMA much to my disappointment. TX is.

Is it mini UHF?

Well, what ever it is, do you guys know where to buy an adapter? I'd hate to have to build another skew planar. It's not easy.

Thanks.

900MHZ 200mW Tx/Rx

Nonamerc

Arman
I dont know what you mean with mini UHF.
UHF stands for Ultra High Frequency which is the name for the 23cm band. (23cm band is 433MHz)

midohioboarder

it's another adpater type. But, point is, SMA has a 6.35 mm diameter. The female jack on the RX I got from HK is about 8.5 mm...
I'll get a picture up today to show the size comparison.

Thanks.

midohioboarder

TX and RX antenna.JPG TX and RX connectors.JPG
it's another adpater type. But, point is, SMA has a 6.35 mm diameter. The female jack on the RX I got from HK is about 8.5 mm...
I'll get a picture up today to show the size comparison.

Thanks.

So, the smaller one is the SMA. The larger? not sure what this is.

Please let me know what it is and where I might be able to get an adapter

Thanks again.