into rc air...

leaded50

Legendary member
hi, Norwegian middelaaged guy starter in rc planes. Suddenly got a new waterplane as gift, and in research i also stumbled over this sites. (Flite Test) Diy have always been in my heart, and in search for other planes to start with, its a nice place to be. Already build a foamplate Racer by free plans, with some minor adjustments, still a few parts missing (a servo, prop) but seems come out as a nice build . Give prhoto eg. later.
Also did buildt the Old flyer with parts laying around from before, even with brushed motor/esc and of plain paper carton, for the fun of it. detachable ski on landinggear wheels to fit the snow here now. Chrashed a few times, burned the esc,eg... but flying fun :)

Attachments

• DSC_0015 (2).JPG
    DSC_0015 (2).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
Welcome aboard, that is a great looking build. Never thought of making one out of cardboard. very creative.

leaded50

Legendary member
thnaks for letting the door be open... Ha,ha.
Just a idea one boring night... didnt have any foamboard around. Its pretty weak though, even if spraypainting it stiffen it a bit. needed some skewers to help strengthen in tail (rudder/elevator) The angles on wing help that a lot.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. You've done all that. That's a beautiful build. It looks like a lot of love and time went into it. If it flies as good as it looks, you've got yourself a winner! :D

leaded50

Legendary member
Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. You've done all that. That's a beautiful build. It looks like a lot of love and time went into it. If it flies as good as it looks, you've got yourself a winner! :D
Correct, its diy... adapt overcome, improvise. I wouldnt call it beautiful, but fun to make and try fly, and a design i can like . It flys good just like a oldie, or did, before i forgot get throttle off after a frontal crash.... burned esc.
New motor and esc in mail. Have a few brushless laying around, but not to fit this plane, far to heavy and powerfull..
And new propellers comes too, this one used was from a helicopter tail.

sundown57

Legendary member
:-D its a customized 1950 Chevy , even with fins yes .
I thought it was a chevy but it threw me off cause '50s didn't have fins. Glad to hear you brought it into the modern age by adding them. mine is a 57 rag top. I'll have to splice a few pics together to get it all in one pic lol.

leaded50

Legendary member
my homebuildt planes at moment.
A reworked FT Racer, waiting for prop aand maiden flight.
EDF (50mm) Deltawing

Attachments

• DSC_0001_BURST20200210124437851.JPG
    DSC_0001_BURST20200210124437851.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Delta1.JPG
    Delta1.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 0