Intro: for rondefly 80 year old full scale and model pilot

rondefly

just a short introduction, I have flown models since I was 9, joined Air Force at 18 and flew on the RC121s, am in process of building my 3 Experimental, which is a Q200 Canard. When I get more time I will put some pictures. Right now am trying to build the Bloody Wonder, have about 20 different RCs but have not flown them for the last 5 years. Just enjoying all the new things that have come out. I also am a Extra Ham and a VE tester. Live in So Lake Tahoe CA.
These little things sure are much nicer than we used to do.
Thanks All
Ron Triano
rondefly

Laura28

Hello, I am new at this. So, could you please let me know from where to start?
or where can I buy all the materials I'll need? (I watched some videos and read tutorials but it wasn't of much help)

earthsciteach

just a short introduction, I have flown models since I was 9, joined Air Force at 18 and flew on the RC121s, am in process of building my 3 Experimental, which is a Q200 Canard. When I get more time I will put some pictures. Right now am trying to build the Bloody Wonder, have about 20 different RCs but have not flown them for the last 5 years. Just enjoying all the new things that have come out. I also am a Extra Ham and a VE tester. Live in So Lake Tahoe CA.
These little things sure are much nicer than we used to do.
Thanks All
Ron Triano
rondefly

Its great to see Rutan's designs still being built. I'd love to see pics of the Quickie build. What motor are you planning on using? tricycle gear of "conventional?" Its been YEARS since I've seen a Quickie (the airplane, that is... Just playing a bit of defense, there. LOL).

earthsciteach

Hello, I am new at this. So, could you please let me know from where to start?
or where can I buy all the materials I'll need? (I watched some videos and read tutorials but it wasn't of much help)

Hi, Laura. That is a question that has so many combinations of answers. There is no single path/course. So, some more info about what you are interested in will be helpful. Are you looking to buy a plane that is ready to fly? Looking at building something? If we start there, we can start to narrow things down!

DharanFlyer

Welcome rondefly! Glad to have you around.

Thank you for your service.

Other than that can't wait to see some pictures of what you are building!

Laura28

Hi, Laura. That is a question that has so many combinations of answers. There is no single path/course. So, some more info about what you are interested in will be helpful. Are you looking to buy a plane that is ready to fly? Looking at building something? If we start there, we can start to narrow things down!

I am thinking of trying to build one myself, but have no idea what I need in order to do it

ZoomNBoom

Hi, Laura.

Before anyone begins writing a long essay (pun intended, see later) on how or where to purchase and how to build full scale kit airplanes, please consider "Laura" registered here to reply to a 6 month old introduction post then asks vague questions that could apply to anything. Then look at the signature and consider you might be talking to a spambot.

My apologies if Im wrong, it just seems very unlikely anyone truly interested in building their own full scale airplanes would have to ask questions like that (and in a forum like this). Or for that matter, would write high school essays for a living.

Kallum

Thanks for the information about this and hope it'll helps me and as a new comer I like to know more.

A team member of my easy essay writing

Last edited by a moderator:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I have removed the links from Laura's signature and Kallum's post. I think it's a little odd just as ZoomNBoom thinks too - even if Laura replied to earthsciteach questions... All posts are a little vague.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Almost as bad as Ruby.... Some really cryptic posts from her over batteries on occasion.

Anyway Welcome to the OP. 80 years old and still going strong with the flying. That's so cool. Hope I am able to see that long let alone have coordination to put something in the air. Glad to see you come here so we can pull from those years of knowledge and experiences. Looking forward to seeing your work as gentlemen your age are usually more of a craftsman and not just a hobbyist.