Intro - Why have I waited this long?!

RocAP FPV

Good Morning!

Long time watcher of Flitetest on YouTube and always hear chatter about the forum but now decided to check it out and wow there is a lot of information!

A little intro - I am owner of Rochester Aerial Photography, we shoot photo and video for all types of clients, currently using DJI platforms but in the process of together a wish list for a hexacopter build for a larger payload (mirroless). My business partner has been flying fpv quads so I decided to jump on board and am finishing my first build. Tons of fun to do.

My first question on here is, I have an old plane from Hobbyking that works but is broken and trashed. I pulled the internals out to see if we can use them in a scratch build. The only board I pulled from it is a SAFE (I think that is what it is called, stabilizes the plane for you) with spots to plug in servos... Can I re-use this board on a scratch build? I still have the radio and it works...

Thanks!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes, all the components from an old plane can be reused is a FT plane of similar size.

SAFE is a good system to learn with, just don’t become dependent on. Try to move away from this stable mode as soon as you can. I’ve seen some who never get off it.

Welcome to the forums

RocAP FPV

Yes, all the components from an old plane can be reused is a FT plane of similar size.

SAFE is a good system to learn with, just don’t become dependent on. Try to move away from this stable mode as soon as you can. I’ve seen some who never get off it.

Welcome to the forums

Thanks! Can this board be used with a brushless quad motor? I think the current motor in that set up is brushed?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I don’t know for sure, but I have never heard of a SAFE receiver on a plane with a brushed motor.
The reciver should work equally well with a brush motor as brush less. Brushless motors do require a different speed controller than brushed motors.

Tench745

Master member
Hey there RocAP, welcome to the forums. Fellow New Yorker here, I'm in Syracuse.
Can you get us a picture of the electronics you have? They're worth 1000 words, don't ya no. ;)

RocAP FPV

Hey there RocAP, welcome to the forums. Fellow New Yorker here, I'm in Syracuse.
Can you get us a picture of the electronics you have? They're worth 1000 words, don't ya no. ;)

Attachments

• 20200423_182152.jpg
    20200423_182152.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0